Flat Earthers

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know it would cost a ton of money, but I still think it would be worthwhile to put one or two of these jokers into orbit for a day and let them watch the earth rotate below. Of course, they'd probably brain hemorrhage and die, and then their adherents on earth would claim they were assassinated.

You've hit it.......It's all been a ploy to make enough fuss so that they can get a free ride to space. We've been played........

It’s been my perception that Flat Earthers have been relatively quiet since the eclipse.
There was an erroneous argument on the internet that solar eclipses disprove the flat earth theory,
but I think most Flat Earthers were dumb enough to be convinced by it.

Here's the best one:

What Is Gravity?

Gravity as a theory is false. Objects simply fall.

Brings to mind this. FIRST, before you check it out - NOT SAFE FOR WORK!!!!
If you care to get a (simply stunning) glimpse into the mindset of some folks who seem to prefer ignorance, look no further than this video/song/lyric. Prepare to have your mind completely blown, though not at all in the way that they describe. The specific lyric that your quote made me think of is around 1:52-1:59. Absolutely amazing.
[video=youtube;_-agl0pOQfs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-agl0pOQfs[/video]

s6

Unless you do it on a lake with floats, how do you account for any variations in the landscape? They will just claim it is due to a hill or mound

Unless you do it on a lake with floats, how do you account for any variations in the landscape? They will just claim it is due to a hill or mound

A frozen lake may present a better opportunity though not in every case.

And as far as I can see, these conspiracists from 911 and Sandy Hook to government take overs and weapon seizures (Jade Helm) to the moon landings being fraught with false pretense are the real reason why the nation has plummeted from it's #1 seat with education. #7 isn't something to be proud of.

I had a friend of my approach me because a friend of his is a flat earther and had a video of a high altitude rocket that "bounced of the dome of space". My friend wanted an explanation of his friends evidence... The second I saw the first frames of the video I new which video it was and exactly what in the video they claimed showed the rocket "bouncing". The video was the Go Fast rocket onboard video, and the "bounce" was the sound and sudden stopping or rotation from the yo-yo despin... They're using our own videos against us...

Yup! Good ol GoFast bouncing off 'The Dome'. I think there was a thread having all sorts of fun with that one.
Did they ignore the fantastic 1 in a million GoPro shot of the payload separation?

Australia looks pretty funny!

Australia is always funny! Great people, great humour.

And they believe in "flat out" rather than "flat earth". Disregard NASCAR and INDYCARS, Aussies (and Limey's) can race in the rain as well as the dry.

C'mon Daniel Ricciardo put up a challenge to Lewis. Where is the USA when it comes to flat earth racing (in any condition)? :smile:

SO.

Most flat earthers buy into a lot of conspiracy theories: inside-job 9/11, fake moon missions, etc.
A guy once confronted Buzz Aldrin about how his mission was a fake....
They had lunch together, Buzz bought him a knuckle sandwich!!!

Oh my. Everyone should go read their FAQ if you have not done so already. It is.... uh.... well I don't actually have a proper adjective.

It's really hard to believe they're serious.

THIS makes me say ????????

"What About the ISS and Satellites?
While one can see satellites in the sky at night, it is generally agreed upon that they are not actual satellites but pseudolites or stratolites put there to fool us."

A Pseudolite is a contraction of the term "pseudo-satellite," used to refer to something that is not a satellite which performs a function commonly in the domain of satellites.

A stratolite is...i cant find what that is, buuuuut

so, they arent satellites, but something else put up in space to fool us?
why are "they" tryin to fool us? whats the cover up???
is it because without em we'd see elvis????

wait....
hes a groundskeeper at graceland.
according to my news source
national enquirer. :)

it wouldnt- all the others would say theyve been brainwashed.:kill:

Okay, much cheaper and easier. Just fly them across Antarctica. Go from South America to Australia. Let them see the speed, the compass, the clock, etc. They might try to claim that you really flew around the edge of the circle, but the distance would be too great for the speed and time.

Brings to mind this. FIRST, before you check it out - NOT SAFE FOR WORK!!!!
If you care to get a (simply stunning) glimpse into the mindset of some folks who seem to prefer ignorance, look no further than this video/song/lyric. Prepare to have your mind completely blown, though not at all in the way that they describe. The specific lyric that your quote made me think of is around 1:52-1:59. Absolutely amazing.
[video=youtube;_-agl0pOQfs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-agl0pOQfs[/video]

s6

Works for me, as I don't particularly want to talk to them either.

Okay, much cheaper and easier. Just fly them across Antarctica. Go from South America to Australia. Let them see the speed, the compass, the clock, etc. They might try to claim that you really flew around the edge of the circle, but the distance would be too great for the speed and time.

^^ Nothing like flying around the whole disk in the blink of an eye!

You can tell how serious these kind of guys are by what the meetings look like. If they're at a pub and Guinness is involved, it's probably just an excuse for drinking (kinda like a lot of guys I know feel about fishing).

I find it hard to believe that these people claim the space program was fake when you can literally bounce a laser off the reflectors left on the moon and see the reflection... The delay agrees perfectly with how far away the moon is "supposed" to be, and the speed of light is fairly trivial to measure.

I find it hard to believe that these people claim the space program was fake when you can literally bounce a laser off the reflectors left on the moon and see the reflection... The delay agrees perfectly with how far away the moon is "supposed" to be, and the speed of light is fairly trivial to measure.

That's true! Can't get the mirrors there without rockets.

Some people (mythbusters) have used this fact to "prove" astronauts landed on the moon too. The mirrors could easily have been placed there by probes. The Surveyor probes landed before the Apollo missions. It wasn't necessary to have humans on the moon to place mirrors to bounce lasers off of.

I don’t want to say it’s aliens but... it’s aliens.

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

There are no mirrors, it's some sort of aircraft with a receiver and laser emitter and a delay set to mimic the distance. It just magically happens to be between the supposed moon landing spot and whichever spot on earth the laser is being sent from.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Rocketry Forum mobile app

Insane Clowns are....well......who cares about the rantings of clowns.....that are insane. Or insane clown tweets.

Anyway, ran across this:

22309096_932967303517591_7868515500198036725_n.jpg

From post #51:
Trees are agents in disguise so they can monitor us at all times!
0995treestump_small.jpg
That's from the Stasi museum in Berlin. The Stasi hid cameras in all sorts of places, including this treestump. So in East Germany, at least, trees could very well be agents in disguise monitoring you at all times. Sometimes crazy conspiracy theories aren't that crazy. ;)

And sometimes they are. The flat-earthers can try as hard as they like to discredit all the evidence in favour of a spherical Earth, but what they haven't done is come up with any evidence of their own. All they need to do is send a ship to the edge of the Earth and get a photo of the view over the rim.

What I want to do is get a flat-earther and a Moon landing conspiracy theorist in the same room. Tell them that the Moon landing was real but didn't involve a big rocket; the lunar module was simply dropped over the rim of the flat Earth. Then sit back and let them fight it out. :pop:

What I want to do is get a flat-earther and a Moon landing conspiracy theorist in the same room. Tell them that the Moon landing was real but didn't involve a big rocket; the lunar module was simply dropped over the rim of the flat Earth. Then sit back and let them fight it out. :pop:

You work that out, I'll pay for a ticket. :grin:

Back