I am so proud of our country

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ColumbiaNX01

Red blooded white American male
Reaction score
[h=2]​I stand!!!

The Star-Spangled Banner[/h]O say can you see, by the dawn’s early light,
What so proudly we hail’d at the twilight’s last gleaming,
Whose broad stripes and bright stars through the perilous fight
O’er the ramparts we watch’d were so gallantly streaming?
And the rocket’s red glare, the bombs bursting in air,
Gave proof through the night that our flag was still there,
O say does that star-spangled banner yet wave
O’er the land of the free and the home of the brave?

On the shore dimly seen through the mists of the deep
Where the foe’s haughty host in dread silence reposes,
What is that which the breeze, o’er the towering steep,
As it fitfully blows, half conceals, half discloses?
Now it catches the gleam of the morning’s first beam,
In full glory reflected now shines in the stream,
’Tis the star-spangled banner - O long may it wave
O’er the land of the free and the home of the brave!

And where is that band who so vauntingly swore,
That the havoc of war and the battle’s confusion
A home and a Country should leave us no more?
Their blood has wash’d out their foul footstep’s pollution.
No refuge could save the hireling and slave
From the terror of flight or the gloom of the grave,
And the star-spangled banner in triumph doth wave
O’er the land of the free and the home of the brave.

O thus be it ever when freemen shall stand
Between their lov’d home and the war’s desolation!
Blest with vict’ry and peace may the heav’n rescued land
Praise the power that hath made and preserv’d us a nation!
Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just,
And this be our motto - “In God is our trust,”
And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave
O’er the land of the free and the home of the brave.

Oh for f*#$'s sake, cut it out.

Don't make me truly respond....it won't be pretty.

s6

I choose to stand for the national anthem, but I understand and appreciate the positions of those who do not.

At the end of the day, our constitution guarantees a right to freedom of speech. It says nothing about compulsory behavior during the national anthem, pledge of allegiance, etc.

It seems ironic to want to *force* people to celebrate *freedom*.

It continues to become obvious that some folks will never rest easy until they possess the power to dictate to others how they walk, talk, look, think and what to believe in or they throw a fire and brimstone fit. Give it up, you've lost.

How quickly will this thread be locked?

From the Ether...

Forced patriotism is something that the Soviet Union, China and the little guy in North Korea all have in common.

It seems strange that, on a forum that prohibits political and religious posts, a member is allowed to continually make political and religious posts....

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

You just called him a "member". I think this sort of vicious personal attack is against the rules. (or possibly just appropriate).

ssixsixsix

It seems strange that, on a forum that prohibits political and religious posts, a member is allowed to continually make political and religious posts....

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

I already sent a nasty report.

What I am saying is that people can protest all they want. I have things I want to protest. But you should not do it on the job. I bet all of us here if we protested on our employers time we would be fired. What makes the professional athletes able to protest without fear of losing their job?

I understand it is their right, but I think there is a time and place. When they are on the job and entertaining us on Sundays they should not protest. But they are gonna do what they are gonna do.

We the American public pay their salaries. When attendance suffers and people stop buying their merchandise that is when the NFL with tell its players to stop protesting.

I understand it is their right, but I think there is a time and place. When they are on the job and entertaining us on Sundays they should not protest. But they are gonna do what they are gonna do.

Time and place eh? Many protests have taken place in many different times and places. Most of the time they're ignored until rocks start to fly and windows get broken.

This one has managed not to damage any property, send anyone to the hospital, or get anyone killed, But At The Same Time has gotten more attention to an issue than any polite "silent protest" that I can remember in my short life.

We all know you're proud of your country Andrew Lathrop. I am too believe it or not. I think it's a great nation; however, being proud and believing its great doesn't prevent me from acknowledging that there are things that we should work to improve.

Having done my part to get this thread locked, I will be good and come quietly now.

Take oneself off the clock and protest. Quite frankly, if I ever got fired for it, I'd take it up with human resources first than my attorney.

Apparently you have the answer to it all. Have fun burning all your merchandise.

I actually dont have any professional merchandise so I am good there. I have not been to a professional game of any sport in over 12 years. I am not about to start. I do not pay any extra for sports channels on the TV.

I've never been to one period so I've nothing to lose either way. Many of your buddies think otherwise.

What makes the professional athletes able to protest without fear of losing their job?

Because the owners chose not to fire them for exercising their rights, even if it was on the clock. See, the team owners have rights too. America is all about freedom, not cowering to an unhinged megalomaniac's butthurt whim of the moment.

I understand it is their right, but I think there is a time and place.

Who gets to dictate when and where constitutional rights begin and end?

When they are on the job and entertaining us on Sundays they should not protest.

Whenever I hear this "argument" all I hear is "shut up and entertain me, boy."

We the American public pay their salaries. When attendance suffers and people stop buying their merchandise that is when the NFL with tell its players to stop protesting.

You're not compelled to pay their salaries by supporting the team. If enough people stop supporting the team and their income suffers substantially, you might see a change of heart from owners. That said it seems like those who oppose constitutionally-guaranteed freedoms are rightfully in the minority. I don't see teams, their owners, or their players suffering much from this. They're on the right side of history, the right side of patriotism, and the right side of freedom. The majority of the public will back them up.

Next thing we know the Boy Scouts will not stand and salute the colors in protest.

We the American public pay their salaries.

I actually dont have any professional merchandise so I am good there. I have not been to a professional game of any sport in over 12 years. I am not about to start. I do not pay any extra for sports channels on the TV.

You likely don't have the "capacity" to understand your own contradiction here. But it comes down to this....your own reasoning pretty much states that you have no say in the matter. None.
So.........perhaps you should just walk away quietly and keep this sort of crap to yourself. Quit while you are ahead behind why don't ya?
Fly some rockets and tell us about it.....otherwise, just.........whatever.

ssixsixsix

You likely don't have the "capacity" to understand your own contradiction here. But it comes down to this....your own reasoning pretty much states that you have no say in the matter. None.
So.........perhaps you should just walk away quietly and keep this sort of crap to yourself. Quit while you are ahead behind why don't ya?
Fly some rockets and tell us about it.....otherwise, just.........whatever.

ssixsixsix

I personally dont pay their salaries but the 80,000 fans that attend all the games every week, the food they buy at the game. All the merchandise pays their sallaries.

The Constitution explicitly guarantees freedom of speech. It says nothing about "respecting the national anthem."

Thanks for playing, move along, go home, nothing more to see here.

Seriously, it's as simple as that. You either believe the Constitution is the law of the land or you don't.

Because the moderators don't enforce the rules, until things "get out of hand".

Which encourages the political trollers to just do it over and over and over, without any true consequences.

As an interesting aside, the president calling for the firing of private citizens for exercising their Constitutional rights seems to be in defiance of the president's oath: "I do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

Bottom line, if you want to stand, stand. I'm not in the slightest bit interested in DICTATING to others NOT to stand. Now just simply return the favor for once and enjoy the game regardless. I lay 'pride' in personal accomplishments, not in things I have had no control over, such as my gender, my color, my nationality, etc. I am FORTUNATE to have been born in this country but I will not put on a public display over the fact. I have never been married a single day in my life but have a COMMITTED relationship with the same woman for over 29 years. All without ceremony, pomp or circumstance. My beliefs and lack thereof have worked wonders for me and all without being a 'follower'. I make a lousy follower and have next to no intention to follow others.
I'm enjoying the foundation I've layed down for myself by observing what works, and what doesn't. More people need to (dare I say it) follow their own pursuits and they'd be much better off instead of commanding and dictating of others.

96e074b669f2c910befc95651eecae25

Here's an interesting photo of the ENTIRE Dallas Cowboys team "taking the knee". The team owner should fire these S.O.B.s, the whole lot of them! America simply should not put up with this crap from these players. Who do they think they are? It's inappropriate at best, downright disrespectful, and, and.....why I oughtta take each and every one of them and just spank their bottoms, I oughtta. Wait, what? Are you asking who that guy is in the bottom right corner in a pale blue sport coat? Why that's Jerry Jones, everyone knows him.....OWNER of the team.

oh.

ssixisxsix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back