TeleGPS help request thread.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrew_ASC

UTC SEDS 2017 3rd/ SEDS 2018 1st
Reaction score
Has anyone had a TeleGPS unit not connect under connect device tab when it's plugged into a datacord with battery charged? I can not configure my callsign into it or even edit the settings using the altus metrum software. This unit is not selectable! I would like some customer assistance from Altus Metrum. My previous experience at UROC Hellfire 22 with another TeleGPS unit was wonderful. University multistage rocket for SEDs can't really go into too much details. We learned you can NACA airfoil fins on 29mm and 38mm MD stages, but don't ever sand a rocketry tube wall thickness by half then stuff a bunch of WaRP 9 into it. The recovery went sour so I purchased a second TeleGPS unit. The TeleDongle is accessible through altus metrum software AltOS ui. The TeleGPS replacement isn't through TeleGPS software. I filed a contact form with no reply. I would rather PM KeithP or Garbee on here or have a phone number to call. The other ham compoents are an Arrow 440-5 YAGI and a Windows 10 running capability mode for windows 7 run as administrator. I have tried software variants downloaded from altus metrum.org in 1.81, 1.7, and 1.68 flavors. I never found the "images" for flashing software however in the manual. The different versions do run and install. Apogee won't take back the unit I unwrapped to ground test. That's fine, they are a great vendor. Glad I ground tested it.

There is an active Yahoo group for Altus Metrum so I'd suggest you join it. Keith or B'dale sometimes answer on TRF but the group might get you more info. Kurt

Do you have more specific information on the Altus Metrum yahoo group? I'm trying to make a second launch deadline by early October and need to exchange or troubleshoot it further. I'm not familiar with yahoo.

I had a similar issue last week.

I could monitor the GPS through the TeleBT using my Android, as well as using AltosUI on my Mac with the TeleDongle, but I could not connect to the TeleGPS to configure it. Then I tried my two other TeleGPS units and the same thing. So I went through the process of updating the software reinstalling the drivers etc. on my Mac and same issue. Then I set up the AltosUI software on my Windows 8.1 work computer and same issue.

Finally I decided to swap out the USB cable and while standing in the computer store staring at the wall of the Micro USB cables I realized that my USB micro cable was a phone charge cable and not a data cable. A bit of a dough moment but all is good in the land of AltusMetrum now.

Thanks to mpitfield,

Bought an insignia 6ft Charge/Sync cable USB to Micro USB from Best Buy, it was a very snug fit, and now I can edit the callsign. It's advertised as transfers data between most MP3 players, cell phones, smart phones, tablets, and more to your PC. I think the trek to Utah and back was rough on everything in August as some of the team's data cables were lose fitting afterwards. We sheared a CF hobby rocket tube that trip. KN4EOU out.

Back