It is Easy

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woody's Workshop

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
It is Easy, for me to sit here in front of my computer and post this, that, and the other.
It is another thing for me to be able to perform this, that or the other.
According to the Social Security Administration, I can do all of this, that and the other.
But I can't walk without the help of a cane.
I can't sit for more than a 1/2 an hour on any chair.
I can't stand for more than 1/2 an hour on my feet.
Besides the pain in my back, I suffer from diabetes pain in my feet and hands.
Yet, I can't find an attorney that will take my case and I am on my own.
Since Citizens Disability Fracked up my initial hearing.
I have until Friday, September 25, of this year to get to my local Social Security Office and file my next Appeal.
Yet my truck sits in the parking lot with a blown hydraulic hose and no money to have it fixed.
I have put some of my most prized keepsakes up for sale to try and get the truck fixed.
Yet, I guess what I have is not worth anything to anyone else but me.
I fail to see why life is such a great thing.
I was as loyal as an employee as anyone, yet I've been screwed over time and time again because I'm a softy.
If the world doesn't want me, so be it. I'm better off gone.
But why make my family suffer for what I am, for what ever I have done, or will ever do, or what ever?
Frankly, I can't (beep) see any (beep beep) reason I should even be in existence.
You'all a wonderful bunch of people, I'm sorry I got no one else to whine to.

Last edited:
Woody, you are valued and loved. These problems may not seem it, but they are temporary. Do not pursue a path that is permanent.

Please call this number 1-800-273-8255. It is the National Crisis Lifeline.

Woody
This is a very disturbing post. Relax. Take a deep breath. Relax.
Your family will suffer if anything "drastic" happened.
There are places you can call to get help, not just the SSA.
Please take care

We got anyone out there in the Reed City area who could patch a power steering line for him? It can be done as a band-aid with a bit of brake line and several hose clamps. (assuming the rest of the line is sort-of intact)

Man I get sick of seeing/hearing stories of how SSA keeps screwing over people. I work with folks that are drawing 80 to 100 percent disability through the VA. One is still in the National Guard and still drawing 1700 bucks a month for being disabled, new truck, new motorcycle, 4000 square foot home, while truly disabled folks can't get a dime. Not sure how that works. I'm not knocking veterans at all son don't think that.

Folks like us are often overlooked or easily dismissed. Ordinary Joes, carpenters, iron workers, mechanics, and construction workers in general. We helped build this country with our blood, sweat, and tears and often end up broken and unhealthy, unable to retire or afford insurance. We are not fireman, police, or soldiers. While they serve and protect this country (my thanks to you fine folks), we build and maintain it. Yet the only people who work are the oil field workers, linemen and others already mentioned. *sigh*

Hang in there sir. I have to believe this broken system can work. Years of construction has taken its toll and I have back problems myself, Wednesday I could barely get my boots on to go to work. I know a bit of what you were going through, but can only imagine exactly how you feel. I'm truly sorry for your situation, there is nothing I can say that will help your situation and little I can do.

Hang in there fellow rocketeer.

If we do have anyone even slightly mechanically inclined in the area about an hour north of Grand Rapids...

John- We've talked about this before. I'm not promising rainbows and unicorns nor am I going to insult you with religious passages or winning lottery numbers I found in a fortune cookie. I am telling you this publicly and on this forum so everyone can see my reply this time. YOU have value. YOU are important. YOU have a place in this world. Maybe not in your mind, maybe not to yourself and maybe just not right now from your viewpoint. My best friend killed himself. He had PTSS from the Army and I had taken him twice to the VA. Why did I do that? He had a dysfunctional family mostly out of town and I had met his Mother a few times, before she remarried into a new life in another city. ME. I. Had to be the one the City Coroner came to at 3 a.m. because they found a birthday card my wife and I had given him in the passenger seat. I had to make the funeral arrangements and not only did I get a 21 gun salute and color guard, but also got a 'missing man formation flyover from NAS Miramar. I had to carry his ashes personally to Fort Rosecrans. I told my boss i had to take the day off to bury a buddy and he was such an asshole about it saying "we all trade our time for money and we need you here" We were building the last Space Shuttle-big ******* deal. He said he would write me up and I told him you do what you have to do and I'[ll do what I HAVE to do. So I did and so did he. I had to call his Mom and she located his brother. Yes the service was small, but they were people who knew him, loved him, partied with him, raised him, served with him. He thought he was unloved and a burden because he couldn't hold a job. He was smart, funny, talented and was a good mechanic. I gave him as many jobs as I could when people came to me to keep him going. But he gave up. He saw nothing that others saw in him. In the end, he hurt those who held him closest, or at least those he let near enough. You, my friend, are in the same boat. what about the kids in town when you had your shop-opening that box of rockets and getting so excited?? What about your skills you pent a lifetime learning? Those should not be thrown away. Given away-yes, and freely to another person or generation that can use those skills for their life. To improve, maybe, the lives of other who mayh depend on them for food, shelter, companionship, what ever. You've known me over the years and I would hop a plane if I could to do whatever you needed to get you through this. But you need THIS, more than a hose, more than a rocket kit and certainly more than a $20 bill. Those are transient things that come and go, bumps in the road of life. And that's what I'm talking about. Life. You didn't get a vote on coming into this world and I really believe you shouldn't have a vote on leaving. If you are religious, my wife will say you haven't received your invitation to leave yet. My point? Don't be a selfish asshole and screw the pooch by punching out early from the job site. I have an internal belief that people come into your life for a reason. Nit always good ones and not always beneficial, bu to teach you an aspect of life you need to know. We met purely by accident (?) here on TRF and over the years we've shared stories of or life. I'm not done learning from you. And by God, I'm not letting you go without a fight. Just know I will hate you forever if you take the chickenshit way out. That's not a threat-it's a promise. YOU are a good guy that just can't see that right now. So you ran into one incompetent, lazy, ^#@W* who couldn't do his job. His day is coming. The universe will balance things out with him in ways we will never know. Whether you believe or not, we ARE all 'brothers in the smoke' as a handful of deranged morons who decided rockets were more fun than collecting stamps. We know each other. We support each other. We fly together. We learn from our mistakes so we can go higher, faster, better or more detailed, more colourful, more complex. We know each other and even if we are completely different, we are here. Now. In this moment of TRF's website. Why" Who knows? We're here. You need to stay here, too! The future can change with the beat of a butterflies wing. Stick around-you never know what gonna happen next, but it WILL be different than what is happening right now. Law of the Universe. Sory John, but this is what it is. >rant off<

Well, ...thanks Dave. As always, your right.
You brought tears to my eyes.
Yea, life is getting to me right now in a big fat ugly way.
I owe each and everyone of you my deepest apologizes. And a great big Thank You for kind words.
This thread was a mistake. Needing to vent off...sucks.
I shouldn't be making my problems seam like they should be everyone else's too.
I live in a place where it's far enough away from any friends I have here that wants to help me out...puts the burden on them.
I deeply appreciate all the offers for help.
Sometimes I just spout out without thinking at the people who are friends.
Mainly because the only place it seams I get to go is to get my back procedures.
I use to go for long walks in the woods when I was feeling down. But that is no longer physically possible for me.
Not being able to hunting and fishing anymore is hard. It was such a big part of my life at one point.
It would be so much easier for me to just lay back and drink a pint and keep my mouth shut and relaxe...If I had the $$ for a pint.
(pause)
As a note a little light has peeked in.
My wife just told me while typing this, she talked to her friend who's husband is a mechanic and he will do the labor for free and is going to check into getting used parts.
He is suppose to be coming over shortly to look at the old truck and see what exactly it needs.
I could still use a pint though....
As for things getting better....not from where we're at that I can see.
Not venting, just explaining...
My mother is 91 with Alzheimer's and the 4 of us live off what she gets from SS and my Father's retirement from the Post Office.
Along with donations from the food banks in the area.
We are not eligible for financial help from the state because it requires us to sit in their offie 40 hours a week to look for work.
And we can not leave my Mother by herself any more.
My wife looking into every nook and cranny, but Mother makes just over the limit for any way around that.
We do get just over $100 a month in food money on what they call the Bridge Card...formally food stamps.
It is inevitable, Mother isn't going to last forever and when that day comes we hit the bottom and they pull the ladder up.
Thank You All Kindly again for the kind words and offers of help.
You are all really decent people and am glad there is people like this left in the world.

It is Easy, for me to sit here in front of my computer and post this, that, and the other.
It is another thing for me to be able to perform this, that or the other.
According to the Social Security Administration, I can do all of this, that and the other.
But I can't walk without the help of a cane.
I can't sit for more than a 1/2 an hour on any chair.
I can't stand for more than 1/2 an hour on my feet.
Besides the pain in my back, I suffer from diabetes pain in my feet and hands.
Yet, I can't find an attorney that will take my case and I am on my own.
Since Citizens Disability Fracked up my initial hearing.
I have until Friday, September 25, of this year to get to my local Social Security Office and file my next Appeal.
Yet my truck sits in the parking lot with a blown hydraulic hose and no money to have it fixed.
I have put some of my most prized keepsakes up for sale to try and get the truck fixed.
Yet, I guess what I have is not worth anything to anyone else but me.
I fail to see why life is such a great thing.
I was as loyal as an employee as anyone, yet I've been screwed over time and time again because I'm a softy.
If the world doesn't want me, so be it. I'm better off gone.
But why make my family suffer for what I am, for what ever I have done, or will ever do, or what ever?
Frankly, I can't (beep) see any (beep beep) reason I should even be in existence.
You'all a wonderful bunch of people, I'm sorry I got no one else to whine to.

I would've bought multiple rockets from you.. But, I just don't have the extra money... But, man oh man, you got some awesome rockets for sale; and I'm NOT just saying that to be nice, I'm saying it because it's true!
And good luck on your sales, John!! :)

Thanks,

Welcome back to the land of the living Woody.
And good on ya for recognizing words of truth/wisdom from fyrwyrx.
Stay with us now, mang.

s6

Woody,

I have no idea whether or not you are a person of faith, and while I don't want to be 'preachy', my faith assures us that you are beloved by God, and are of sacred worth. Your life is of inestimable value even if it sometimes doesn't seem like much.

I heard someone use a great illustration with a group of school kids. He took a hundred dollar bill and asked if any of the kids wanted it. Of course, they all did. Then he crumpled it up, soaked in in alcohol, threw it in a mud puddle and stomped on it a few times. When he picked it up again it was a soggy, disgusting dirty mess. His question was this: How much is this worth now? And everyone answered, that, dirty, wrinkled, and ruined or not, it was still worth $100.

His point? Like that $100 bill, your value does not depend on outside appearances. It doesn't matter what people think of you, it doesn't matter if you feel beat down and beaten up, your value remains the same. You are of infinite value and sacred worth. You are loved by the God who created the universe (and a whole lot of other people, as evidenced by this thread).

Hang in there.

People *do* care.

And God does too. You are NOT forgotten.

Back