• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Estes 2165 Super Big Bertha (OOP)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woody's Workshop

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
From my personal collection.
Still in plastic, but the top was carefully cut open and re-sealed some years back to make a fellow TRFer templates of the fins and reinforcement pieces.

Asking $40 plus shipping, OBO.

Best way to contact me is by Email at [email protected]
Notifications hasn't worked in months.
Thank You All Kindly for your interest.

Sold

IM000247.jpg

IM000248.jpg

Last edited:
Super Big Bertha just appeared in the coming soon section on the Estes website...

Sent from my iPad using Rocketry Forum

BT80 kits usually do well. Phoenix go for 50 and up, SBB 60 -80, shadows and Optimas go 60-100. I paid 120 once for a shadow because I hadn't seen one in forever.

I would love to find a Phoenix. I had one once in my pre-BAR days....

Super Big Bertha just appeared in the coming soon section on the Estes website...
$40 MSRP. I'm glad I didn't sell mine for more...It would have made me feel real bad.
On the other hand, that is why several has turned up on Ebay in the last few days.

Sent from my iPad using Rocketry Forum

I would love to find a Phoenix. I had one once in my pre-BAR days....
I have 2, 1 for each of my 2 son's. I can part with either of those.
I have been on the lookout for a long time for myself, but I can't see paying that much for an old kit.
I figured I'd scratch build one for myself and use a balsa nose cone.
They are unstable by nature and I probably will put a 29mm Engine mount in it.
Perfect for the Jolly Logic Chute Release.
Uncle Mikes Rocket Shack use to sell the decals for $10, but I haven't seen any for awhile.
I'm sure I could scan one of the sets I have and either have the other guy make a set of water slides...
Or have Mark make me a set up out of vinyl.

I built one as a kid, and it was one of the first I got as a bar. I've cloned it a couple times. Some have met with poor fates.

Back