SLS Arcas/Estes F15-6?!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Gibson

Reaction score
Im trying to get stuff together for the annual TTRA Buccaneer Blast here in sunny Fla next month, and I wanted to find out if these F15-6 black powder motors would be an ok choice to launch my SLS Arcas? I have flown it with an F20 composite single use motor before with good results, but im just not sure about these motors...the rocket is pretty light for its size.....also I was wondering if anyone might be aware of any model rocket dealers locally in the Tampa Bay area, or even in the state? Many Thanks! Bill

Im trying to get stuff together for the annual TTRA Buccaneer Blast here in sunny Fla next month, and I wanted to find out if these F15-6 black powder motors would be an ok choice to launch my SLS Arcas? I have flown it with an F20 composite single use motor before with good results, but im just not sure about these motors...the rocket is pretty light for its size.....also I was wondering if anyone might be aware of any model rocket dealers locally in the Tampa Bay area, or even in the state? Many Thanks! Bill

F20 Economax & F15 are roughly equivalent. I might try an F15-4 if you haven't already flown it on a longer-delay F20...

Apogee says a D12-3 will work too... So your F15 is plenty, just make sure your delay is short enough.

Back