URRG September 23,24 Launch. Potter NY 18 K

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larry W

URRG Pres & Prefect
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Hi Team. This weekend looks really nice. The corn is all down so we are back to a lunar landscape. I plan on camping at country charm Friday and Saturday night. I guess there's others staying lots planned. The weather is looking really warm and the night temps are more like summer. Should be some great skies.

Last edited:
I'll be making an appearance with my wife and two sons!

Bringing my classic Dynacom Scorpion to fly on a 76-3G L1050 Plainer Jane to around 8,500'. Should be nice!

Larry - I have some bits and pieces for the Bad Attitude you got from me. I'll throw them in the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

Hey Dan, just finished reworking the rocket parts I got from you. Will be flying it on a 75mm 5 grain Aqua flame approx. a M1450.

The Squirrel should be around. Not sure if for both days. He's not camping but plans on traveling. If we need him I am sure he will stop out.
Hay Dan thanks for the parts did you get moved into the new weasel pit?

The fall is my favorite time of year. Anyone heard from my fine feathered friend and otherwise associate One Bad Hawk. Is Ted and Sandy going to be out, a camp fire wouldn't be the same with out them. Oh Ya

Last edited:
Right now, the forecast shows low 80s, sunny with 10% chance of precip, and 4 mph winds both days. I'm crossing my fingers! Should be a great weekend to fly!

Oohhhh mmaaannnnnnnnnnnn,,
I cain't wait.......
Of course Ima be there,, I wouldn't miss it for the world...
Yep,, I love the fall too...
Psyched...........

Teddy

Ohh yeahhh,,
And Wawwy,,
I promise to be more careful and not back my trailer over your tent with you in it again...
I'm really sorry about that man...
That'll prolly leave a mark..

Last edited:
I plan on attending with my son. I am hoping to finally get last winters project launched, a RW Double Shot two stage on a J to I Blue configuration. Should be good for 7k or so. I will be flying trackers in both parts but could always use some help keeping an eye on things.

Oohhhh mmaaannnnnnnnnnnn,,
I cain't wait.......
Of course Ima be there,, I wouldn't miss it for the world...
Yep,, I love the fall too...
Psyched...........

Teddy

Ohh yeahhh,,
And Wawwy,,
I promise to be more careful and not back my trailer over your tent with you in it again...
I'm really sorry about that man...
That'll prolly leave a mark..

You got me in trouble by telling Mari that removing the wall is not that hard to make way for a new kitchen.
You need to be here and start scraping the glue off the floor. :gavel:

You got me in trouble by telling Mari that removing the wall is not that hard to make way for a new kitchen.
You need to be here and start scraping the glue off the floor. :gavel:

Aw comon Steve..
What's one concrete and block load bearing wall between friends..
You can get that out no probs at all..
Just get a couple of those gorilla sons of yours on it...lol...

Hey Steve, look at the bright side...
The kitchen's going to be gorgeous when she's,, I mean your done...

Are you comin up to Potter this weekend ??

Teddy

Aw comon Steve..
What's one concrete and block load bearing wall between friends..
You can get that out no probs at all..
Just get a couple of those gorilla sons of yours on it...lol...

Hey Steve, look at the bright side...
The kitchen's going to be gorgeous when she's,, I mean your done...

Are you comin up to Potter this weekend ??

Teddy

I need to stay home this weekend, Chris had his shoulder surgery on Tuesday.
He will probably still be hurting.

Looks like the weather is going to be perfect, have a great time.

I need to stay home this weekend, Chris had his shoulder surgery on Tuesday.
He will probably still be hurting.

Looks like the weather is going to be perfect, have a great time.

Ohh gee Steve,,
Please tell Chris I said I hope he feels better..
Just let a bit of time go by and he'll be better then new..
And now he's the bionic man,, lol..
We'll sure miss you and Chris this weekend Steve...
You guy's just rest up and feel better..

Teddy

Just hitting the road now. Patty and I are meeting the Toronto Rocket crew tomorrow to help set up the tower for there Hybrid "N" flight to 17,000'. That's one you don't want to miss!! The weather is going to be absolutely perfect. Looking forward to the Saturday night campfire at the "Lucky Charm" (Country Charm Campgrounds).

Just hitting the road now. Patty and I are meeting the Toronto Rocket crew tomorrow to help set up the tower for there Hybrid "N" flight to 17,000'. That's one you don't want to miss!! The weather is going to be absolutely perfect. Looking forward to the Saturday night campfire at the "Lucky Charm" (Country Charm Campgrounds).

Wow,,
Smokin flight,, I wanna see that one fer sure..
Drive safe Mike,,
We'll see you guys there..

Teddy

I had hoped to run up for at least one day, but that doesn't look possible now. :sigh::sad::cry:

Have a good weekend everyone!

17 K I like it. We have you covered!!! Mike C your on top of it big time. Looks like a great weekend of fun cant make this stuff up. Summer in September the rocket gods taken care of us. This weekend weather is a picture post card for rocketry if your planning on high this is the weekend for it. Mike pit bring a sleeping bag well make room brother. The camp fire will be burning all weekend.

REALLY wishing I had enough 76mm liner for the 6000 motor instead of the 3500 motor for my Scorpion. Either way, should be a good use of the conditions if they hold!

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

17 K I like it. We have you covered!!! Mike C your on top of it big time. Looks like a great weekend of fun cant make this stuff up. Summer in September the rocket gods taken care of us. This weekend weather is a picture post card for rocketry if your planning on high this is the weekend for it. Mike pit bring a sleeping bag well make room brother. The camp fire will be burning all weekend.

We have a place for you Mike,,
Come on down,,
you have won a place to stay at Country Charm campground,, lol....

Teddy

Apparently, according to my wife anyway, I snore like a freight train. Personally I think she is exaggerating as I only hear her. I am pretty sure that if I was in your trailer that Sandy would go postal on you and me.

I am just packing and should be on the road in a couple of hours. I am really looking forward to this weekend and I have some Loki loads to burn, including another L-1040 Red to 18K.

I just need to go to the bank to get some cash for Squirrel's pocket.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Rocketry Forum mobile app

Apparently, according to my wife anyway, I snore like a freight train. Personally I think she is exaggerating as I only hear her. I am pretty sure that if I was in your trailer that Sandy would go postal on you and me.

I am just packing and should be on the road in a couple of hours. I am really looking forward to this weekend and I have some Loki loads to burn, including another L-1040 Red to 18K.

I just need to go to the bank to get some cash for Squirrel's pocket.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Rocketry Forum mobile app

No, no,,
Not going to be necessary..
Nothing is going to land in any trees this weekend..
Look at the calendar and the weather,,
this weekend is going to be the perfect weekend..

Teddy

The kids and I are planning on going, but can only make the Sunday. Furiously building a GoDevil 38 for something new to fly - I haven't touched anything rocketry related in months.

Hi Team. I am sending this from the field. The weather is great clear skies. Lots of flights several University groups one group is putting a hybrid to over 17 k this afternoon if close stop by should go up at 4 pm. There's a 33 ft rail set up for this one cant wait to see it. We are having a camp fire at country charm tonight after a group dinner 6:30 the german rest in Canandaigua. We should be done and at the camp ground at 830ish. Anyone is welcome to join the group will be a fun filled night. BYOB

We have 18K all day and should tomorrow as well so if you want to fly high this is the perfect weekend.

Flew to 11,300' today and landed 0.41 miles from my car (0.34 miles from pad) in the field. Doesn't get much better than that!

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

Great day we now are at the fire , knob creek flowing. Dan P great fight that ex load was long and smooth. Tomorrow should be more Canadian and US school launches. The hybrid flight was interesting. Should have 18 k all day again. The weather is going to be as nice as today.

Just got home, what a great weekend and some awesome launches! Thank you to everyone involved.

As I was leaving Torrey Farm I spotted something on the way out.

37269970692_4736876776_b.jpg

Teddy, Mike and Larry, you recall our conversation on Saturday night...to quote Larry you can't make this stuff up. This beaver was probably over 3 feet long from nose to the end of it's tail, maybe longer. He/she was munching on the weeds all around it in the picture and it could not of cared that I was in my car about 10' away, it just kept munching.

Canadian beaver?

Great to see everyone again. Flying with you guys is always fun.

Back