• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

54/1280 Aerotech Complete Motor and 54mm RAS

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A Person
Reaction score
Looking for a 54/1280 complete motor (plugged) and a 54mm ras. Haven't found a vendor with them in stock and when i talked to Ken he said he hadn't gotten an order of them in 10 months. Ill be at The Plains, VA in October if there is someone local I can buy from otherwise shipping will have to do.

I have found a case but am still looking for the RAS. Also do I "need" a plugged closure or can i plug the open ones for plugged loads?

I have found a case but am still looking for the RAS. Also do I "need" a plugged closure or can i plug the open ones for plugged loads?

For "plugged" loads, you can just fill the little area behind the smoke grain with synthetic grease.. also rub the forward end of the smoke grain with grease. Then pack charge cup with some wadding and tape it over similar to a BP charge. Worked great for me.

For "plugged" loads, you can just fill the little area behind the smoke grain with synthetic grease.. also rub the forward end of the smoke grain with grease. Then pack charge cup with some wadding and tape it over similar to a BP charge. Worked great for me.

I don't even do that. I just leave the bp out. But yes, it's not a modified motor.

Back