199...200...201 = 3 way rocket build

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Odyssey - Primed the tube/nose cone joint. Barely can see the joint now. Normally I would have re-primed everywhere, but sanding around all the texture was a PAIN!

IMG_2775.jpg

Avenger - More coats of yellow - no new pix

Last edited:
Avenger - I had masked and painted the inside where the main tube was scalloped. Finally got to install the motor mount (had to wait for all of the painting to be done).
All this guy needs is decals and clear coat!

IMG_2776.jpg IMG_2777.jpg

Odyssey - painted. Sparkly! Wasn't really what I expected but decided to go for it. My paint area is small so I messed up the nose cone while trying to maneuver it to paint the inside of the ring. Will have to wait for it to cure before I can sand it down and try again.

IMG_2778.jpg IMG_2779.jpg

Roanoke - waiting for 1st color to cure so I can mask for the second color....

Roanoke - And removed the masking. Found few whoops, but nothing really major (and hey - with camo pattern who's to say the blotch didn't belong there... )

Still need to mask and paint the bottom side....

IMG_2781.jpg IMG_2782.jpg

NOTE - due to business, I will be out of town until at least Saturday, and maybe even until the Thursday after that (11/16), so no work on the rockets for a while... :(

I'm back! Totally jet lagged, but back.

Avenger - first level of decals completed

IMG_2820.jpg

No other work yet....

Avenger - added some detail to gun ports

IMG_2821.jpg

Roanoke - feeling a bit blue.... :cry: (sorry for the pun)

IMG_2823.jpg IMG_2825.jpg

Odyssey - Painted radar dish. Started decals

IMG_2822.jpg IMG_2826.jpg

Avenger - Added some heatshrink tubing for "detail" on the cannons

IMG_2828.jpg

Odyssey - Added some color to some of the details

IMG_2829.jpg IMG_2830.jpg IMG_2831.jpg

Roanoke - Did a little scrapping where I had a little excess spray from the blue (no pix)

Avenger - I had limited time today and only got to work on this one.

I did not mention earlier that after the first batch of decals were on, I did a couple of light coats of clear. I wanted to protect the existing level of decals before I started the next level.
Part of the decal include "rivets". Started applying them. Could only do a few at a time and then had to let sit so applying the next decal I would not disturb a previous one.
Progress to date....

IMG_2832.jpg IMG_2834.jpg

Also, I went back reviewing this thread and realized I never showed the Avenger unpacking. So, better late than never....

IMG_2633.jpg

Avenger and Odyssey - Neck and neck as we get close to the finish line... Finishing the decals. Pix later

Roanoke - Hand painted the guns and wing tips. Getting close, but the multi color paint job (with the wait 48 hours between colors) put this one behind

IMG_2836.jpg IMG_2837.jpg

Avenger is done (was done yesterday). Some detailed pix (now that the upload function works again).

IMG_2838.jpg IMG_2839.jpg IMG_2840.jpg IMG_2841.jpg IMG_2842.jpg IMG_2843.jpg IMG_2844.jpg IMG_2845.jpg

Roanoke - Decals & stripes on. These are self adhesive stickers. Would have preferred water slide but they worked fine.

IMG_2847.jpg IMG_2848.jpg IMG_2849.jpg

Back