Looking for father-son team from 2017 Airfest...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

manixFan

Not a rocket scientist
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
While at Airfest I lost a 54mm CF Mongoose. I had a good RDF track on it all the way to the ground. While out looking for it I saw another rocket land in the same direction as I thought mine was. It was recovered by a father and son team from the midwest - I recall either Ohio or Illinois or somewhere in that region. They were using an Eggfinder and were in a dark pickup. I was with a Farmer who had a four-wheeler who took me out to where their rocket landed and gave them a ride back to their truck while I searched for mine. Their rocket went to about 16,000 and was recovered almost due south of the field on the other side of highway 44.

In spite of a lot of effort I have been unable to find my Mongoose. I am hoping to get some info from the father and son team about their descent rate and time under chute so I can try and figure out more precisely how far my rocket might have drifted.

If anyone might know them and can provide me contact info, please PM me. I know it's really a stretch based on the info I've provided but I don't think there were very many father-son teams there.

Thank you,

Tony

I'm emailing this thread link to a father and son team that I know was at Airfest...

Teddy

Maybe was forum user ECayemberg and his dad (from wisconsin)?

Thanks for the replies. I got on the Kloudbusters website and looked at the registrations. There are only 3 father-son combo names that I could find. Wisconsin sounds pretty likely but not sure. I'll PM the user name suggested and between that and Teddy's help hopefully I'll get lucky.

Thanks all,

Tony

Was this the younger guy? This is Eric Cayemberg.
FB_IMG_1504578326444_zps1quv4rhl.jpg

Great pic, but shoot, not him. So that narrows it down a bit then.

Thanks,

Tony

Wasn't me, but that is me in the picture...

There's a father/son team from Minnesota I believe...kid's name is Orion. Not sure if that's them or what they flew there.

From our late night windy app brain activity session I can offer the following. Friday and Saturday, above ~15k', wind was 180 degrees to the surface winds (out of the North), then from roughly 10k' to 15k', winds were out of the West, then below 10k', winds out of the South. Winds above ~20k were 30+ miles per hour...this pushed my rocket that hit 28.5k' quite a bit further South than expected.

I just checked his address..
He is from Wisconsin...
I'll try him again,, he's proly busy..

Teddy

I just got this back from him--

Hello Ted. Iam sorry but i can not help you. I remember seeing the farmer and we talked to him about finding my rocket. Ido rember right he found a black and silver one that he said he returned to the lco desk. I wish I could help more. We left two down there last year. Got one back. You might want to check with Tim lehr. Wildman. Good luck. Jeff.

I bet over the winter the rocket will be found..
Be patient Tony,, you'll get it back..

Teddy

Thanks all, I really appreciate the assistance. Eric - your info is very helpful. And Teddy thanks for relaying the message for me.

Tony

Tony,

I think you are looking for Taylor Jessee from Kansas City, MO.

TRF username: tjsnakez

Not this time.. My grandpa hasn't been to a launch in 4 years. I hope you are able to find your rocket Tony!.

Pretty sure you're looking for me. I had the dark gray Toyota Tacoma and I tried toning up your freq on my radio but it came very close to your freq but ultimately wouldn't let me access your frequency. Let's chat -- you can send me a PM and we can go from there.

Pretty sure you're looking for me. I had the dark gray Toyota Tacoma and I tried toning up your freq on my radio but it came very close to your freq but ultimately wouldn't let me access your frequency. Let's chat -- you can send me a PM and we can go from there.
Thank you! PM inbound...

Tony

Latest posts

Back