Is This For Real?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's weird! Motors that are 40% cheaper than offered by Estes and a couple other trusted sites I checked; and it's not even a special sale. Old motors maybe? Caveat emptor, I guess.

I live in the STL area. That store is just 20 minutes from where I work. I can drop by to see if it's for real.

Uh...

I see it's in a section of Fairview Heights, IL that is not at all safe by any stretch of the imagination. I'll pass on driving through there. o_O

On a scale of 1 - 100 (100 being safest), that area ranks an 8. I imagine it's just a step better than an active war zone. :p

I'll stick with Brian at BRShobbies.com where prices are less than retail and shipping is really fair and fast.

I'll stick with Brian at BRShobbies.com where prices are less than retail and shipping is really fair and fast.

https://www.acsupplyco.com/estes/engines.htm

AC Supply. 40% off retail for all Estes motors, and free shipping over $100 order, which is easy when you stock up with bulk packs. I stock up from them every 12-18 months, and they have been great to deal with.

+3 on AC.

I stocked up on couple bulk packs of C-motors and some D's...shipping was totally free [order was 122.00] and came in 7 days. Pack well & no damage. Order with confidence & fly frugal!

I did a quick search on google maps. It's a home for someone, so it's not a storefront. He has a category for Aerotech on his site but nothing listed for sale yet... For the sake of those of us in St. Louis, let's hope he picks up the Aerotech line. It'd be nice to have a local guy...

Looks like they aren't charging hazmat for the E and F bp motors so these may ship cheaper than others if they are not following the regs. The shipping option I saw was usps, which does not accept rocket motors with over 30 grams of propellent, which all of the E and F estes motors exceed.

Frank

Last edited:
Back