• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Time to get out

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

g zilla

Reaction score
After 40+ years in model rockets and almost 30 in hpr, I have come to the decision due to my health to sell all of my high power rocket supplies. I will be at the next SARA launch on Sept 17th. I will have motors, casings, rockets, kits and vintage motors. I plan on giving people that show up to the launch first dibs. I plan on still being involved in model rockets and going to some launches. Thank you! Good luck and see you there.

After 40+ years in model rockets and almost 30 in hpr, I have come to the decision due to my health to sell all of my high power rocket supplies. I will be at the next SARA launch on Sept 17th. I will have motors, casings, rockets, kits and vintage motors. I plan on giving people that show up to the launch first dibs. I plan on still being involved in model rockets and going to some launches. Thank you! Good luck and see you there.

By any chance do you have a Black Sky Research Optimal 65?

It's always sad when someone leaves the hobby, but it's always entertaining to watch the hoards of wolves devour the scraps. :)

I dread the day when this happens to me, but it will be good to know that there are people out there who will want to trade money for stuff.

It's always sad when someone leaves the hobby, but it's always entertaining to watch the hoards of wolves devour the scraps. :)

I had a flood and sadly had to part with a lot of vintage R/C stuff and models for a mere pittance. Was hoping to be able to work with it again after retirement
but the spouse wanted it gone. Had two ALR multiprocessors from the 90's a Quad 6 and an ALR 6X6 that ran with four and six Pentium Pro Processors respectively. Got 'em cheap during the dot com bust. The Quad 6 went for more than my first house at 45 grand and I picked it up for $500.00 used 2 years after it was sold!
Put $1000.00 into it and was running an aggregate SMP machine at 1.3Ghz when the best out there at the time was 500mhz. The 6X6 was six OD processors and 2Ghz. That was fun. Could compile a monolithic Linux kernel in no time flat! They were restorable (bad hard drives) and the drivers/some of the BIOS had to be loaded at least initially from a floppy! They went to the recyclers. Oh well, life changes things.
Rocket stuff is at a friend's shop I am going to get back eventually and stick with it. Kurt

some of the items include
aerotech hardware most all between 18-54 mm
cti 38-5 grain and pink reload
cti 75 4 grain and L-3200 reload
kosdon 75-7600 motor awesome motor
kosdon 29mm 150,250 310 with reloads
kosdon 38-640 motor with 1 reload
kosdon 38-900 with 1 j-850 reload
ex aerotech L-1100 2 k-550= L-1100 out of Jim Harts 14" tomahawk in Flagstaff circa mid 90s with full reload
2 AMW 54-6- or 6x motors with K-1075 skid
centuri mini max f-55 mid 60s
vulcan h-115
aerotech I-140 1987
aerotech H-125 1987
aertech H-90 1987
18mm E-45@F55
6 or 7 aerotech f @ e motors mid 80s
20-25 packs centuri ,citation mrc motors A-D
aerotech K-400 single use w/ aluminum case
polecat 5.5" mercury redstone kit
electronics , parachutes ,recovery

Please let us know what ship-able items you have for sale after the launch (assuming you want to wait to sell any of it).

If any of those 18mm E/F survive the ravaging hordes, I bet I could convince Wayco to bring them to me at Airfest next summer :)

I can't travel (cancer radiation treatments fried my head so I can't drive anymore) do you have a Pro-X 5 grain motor? Will pay a fair price for one. Also looking for any kind of GPS device for a payload. Thanks and take care. Growing old SUCKS my friend. [email protected]

Gary-I wish nothing but happiness and peace for the rest of your stay here on Earth. Thanks for enjoying and sharing the passion we all have for this hobby. I hope you get some return for your investment and sincerely hope the enjoyment you got from "playing rockets" far exceeds any monetary worth you could put on it. My time is coming, hopefully a little further down the road, but it is on the horizon. Give others the benefit of your knowledge and experience, and don't let those funny stories go unheard by the newbies. Much respect, brother, enjoy the world while you can. -dave-

Oh man, Kosdon 29mm hardware with reloads. Wish I was more active right now to scoop those up.

cti 38-5 grain and pink reload
electronics , parachutes ,recovery

Gary,

I am sorry to hear this, if chasing rockets is the concern we can always enlist kids to help. If you are sure you want out, and there is nothing we could do to change your mind, I would like to call dibs on the CTI Motor. I will PM you.

You may want to email this to [email protected] too so people know to bring cash.

Randy

Sorry to hear this. If your interested in sending some items north to BALLS this year I would be very interested.

Also have Loki 38/740 motor and two J-1001 reloads (only 2 dozen were made).
A Competitor 5 with 1.5 ft removable extension
3in. Wildman 2 stage 11ft long
4in. Wildman fiberglass rocket, aprox 7 ft long with 54mm
54mm Little Dog rocket with 38mm motor mount, 2 payload sections, 1 with nitebow
7.67in x 14+ft upscale Estes Supervega, 80% finished
If interested in some of the rockets please let me know, these are bulky and I have limited space in my car.

Still going to SARA launch tomorrow. I plan to be there from about 8-12. Some of the built model kits are bulky and I only have a car so let me know if you are interested so I can try to bring specifics out. Thank you. See you there!

Thanks to everyone that came out. Will start making a list and posting it over the next couple of days. Sorry for sporadic posting and not getting back to some people. We have been having computer/internet issues here on top of everything else. Hopefully that is fixed and everything is back to normal. I will try to get back to everyone that pm'd me but that may take some time as I need to inventory what is left. Thanks again.

list of some hardware
Kosdon 75-7600 with nozzle end closure and AMW/CTI hubcap adapter motor used twice adapter new $300
CTI 75 4 grain 2nd gen with 1 grain adapter and closure wrench $225
Aerotech 54/852 case 10/94 good used $50
Dr rocket 54/1280 case LDRS19 orangeburg camo edition good used $70 sold pending funds
ISP 54/1706 case 11/92 serial number 198 good used $90
54 mm end closures 1 large aft cloure, 1open forward closure, 1 open extended forward closure $30 each
Dr rocket 38/1080 case anadising worn off one 1 side still usable good cond. lucks kind of ugly $55 sold
2 38/600 cases 1 iSP date3/92 $45 each good cond.
Aerotech 38/480 case some anadising worn off good used $40
Aerotech 38/240 case good used $25
Monster motor 38/120 case like new $25
Monster motor 29/360 case like new $45 sold
Aeroteh 29/240 case good used $40
aerotech 29/180 case good used $35
Aerotech29/100 case good used $25
Monster motor 29/60 case like new $20
38 mm closures 2 forward open $ 25 each 1 sold
38 mm aft closures 1 large, 2 small opening $25 each large opening sold
29 mm forward and aft closures $ 25 set sold
seal disks 29mm $5, 38mm have 3 $5 each, 54 mm $8 2 38mm sold 29mm sold
Cti 24mm 3&6 grain motor with 1 end cap $40 sold
Cti 38mm 5 grain motor and 2 spacers $45
CTI 29mm 3 grain motor with 2 spacers $35 sold pending funds
Ex 24 mm for 2 F-24s aertech $10 new never used
will try to send pics if interested
29mm hobby case silk screen worn off $30
+shipping probably 5-10$ depending on size and weight will combine shipping
Thank you

Gary- oh buddy! Wow- Looked at that list and thought to myself "if I ever get out, i need to start now so I can be done before i'm dead." It's amazing the crap that accumulates over the years. I've got essentially the same background as Gary for the same kinda years and brother-it's scary. Good, fair prices so help him out. Take a deep breath and realize this stuff doesn't teleport itself over the net-be patient while he rounds up shipping materials for you guys. I'll never be as organized as Stealth 6 (Dave) was, so I'm watching to see how Gary survives this. Best vibes, brother-hope this goes well for ya!

Yes. The case, the large aft closure and either of the forward closures make a complete motor.

If not spoken for, I need the 54 1280 case

Last edited:
Back