• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Need FW carbon fiber piece ASAP 7.5 inches length

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ColumbiaNX01

Red blooded white American male
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am in need of some airframe ASAP. I launched my Kobayashi Maru at Airfest this year on a M1850. My kevlar shock cord zippered my carbon fiber airframe about 3 inches down. I have cut the bad part out and installed a coupler. I need 75mm thin walled FW Carbon Fiber (Madcow/Rocketry warehouse/Performance rocketry). To return my rocket to the original length. I only need 7.5 inch piece. Since the rocket is all Carbon I would like a carbon piece. At last result black fiberglass would be okay. I have a launch at the end of September where I will be doing a 2 stage with this rocket. I have looked on the Madcow site and they sell carbon and fiber only in 30 and 60 inch lengths.

thanks

20170906_201619.jpgI think the reason why it did this was because I used to much BP and no drogue chute. It simmed to 30K and it only when 25K. All the electronics check out. For a 7 inch compartment I used roughly 1.75 grams of BP. Yes, way to much. I did ground test but I was thinking since it was going so high more is better but that is not always the case. Its a learning curve and I paid for it lol. This was the smallest rocket that I have gone this high on.

Last edited:
Hmm. I thought they made the Madcow kits. That said, I emailed them several months back & never heard from them either.

Hmm. I thought they made the Madcow kits. That said, I emailed them several months back & never heard from them either.

Curtis supplies the tubes and nose cones for Madcow. Madcow then cuts the fins, rings, bulkheads, fin slots. So they put together their kits they sell.

Latest posts

Back