• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

ALL GONE - Huge Electronics Sale

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Missile Works released the popular RRC3 flight computer some three years ago. It immediately become one of the most popular offerings in rocketry. It provides excellent value along with a broad range of capabilities and expansion options. These three are the Sport model.

IMG_20170905_084006.jpg

ALL SOLD

Last edited:
Lol.... I could watch that 20 times. With something cold to drink...

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Per the above, the RRC3 Sport model is reconfigured as the Extreme model to reach extended altitudes. This one is brand new, never flown.

IMG_20170905_080151.jpg

SOLD

Last edited:
The superb 900MHz GPS transmitter and base station from Missile Works. This includes a custom industrial enclosure for the base station that holds the RTx and LCD screen. It is the standard version. To recover you simply put the landing coordinates in your Google Maps app or your handheld GPS unit to get to your rocket.

IMG_20170905_110757.jpg

SOLD

Last edited:
LCD Terminal offering from Missile Works. It is the intermediate control level between computer hookup and the on-board dip switch / pushbutton control for the Missile Works lineup.

IMG_20170905_075901.jpg

SOLD

Last edited:
The superb 900MHz GPS transmitter and base station from Missile Works. This includes a custom industrial enclosure for the base station that holds the RTx and LCD screen. It is the standard version. To recover you simply put the landing coordinates in your Google Maps app or your handheld GPS unit to get to your rocket.

View attachment 327454

Nice case. I have the Missile Works printed case, and it melted in my garage.

Missile Works computer dongle. Mini-USB to on-board interface.

IMG_20170905_080038.jpg

SOLD

Last edited:
Jim Amos of Missile Works does a great job of offering accessories and value-adds to his overall product lines. One such accessory comes from a partnership with Additive Aerospace to provide a series of extremely efficient avionics bay sleds specifically designed for the RRC3 and RRC2+ altimeters. This sale will include three different sleds. First is a 98mm dual alt sled that can hold either an RRC3 or RRC2+ in the dual positions. Note that this sled include rotary switches and two battery leads. The second sled is a 75mm design that holds either an RRC3 or RRC2+. Normally this sled is only for a single alt, but I extended it to include the ability to add a Stratalogger CF on the backside (see second picture) and a mount for two screw-type switches. Also included on this sled is a 2S LiPo for the SLCF and the battery leads for the 9V battery to power the Missile Works device. Finally, a never used 54mm sled set up for the RRC2+.

IMG_20170905_081935.jpg IMG_20170905_081641.jpg

ALL SOLD

Last edited:
Here is the legendary RockeTiltometer 2. This is brand new and never used from Frank Hermes' last production build. The first of its kind to process nine degrees of freedom and determine safe ignition of staged or airstart airframes. Couple this device with your favorite altimeter to meet the more stringent demands in place at many launch today and assure success on your more complex flight profiles.

IMG_20170905_074735.jpg

SOLD

Last edited:
Here it is! The mother of all timers! The famed Xavien X-FIST supporting a mix of 5 stages or airstarts. It is not just the five channels, it is the extreme 90A peak output per channel that was a key to use in many large projects of times past. Oh, yes, you may say, timers are frowned upon these days. OK, that is true, but my application for this was not just timer control, it was a multi-stage cluster. The base control coming from a vertically filtered altimeter, but then the X-FIST provides you the step-up in current drive and any minor timing adjustments you may need in your flight pyro events. That extra current "insurance policy" and timing control may be just what you desire in your next big project.

IMG_20170905_075954.jpg

SOLD

Last edited:
The Yaesu VX-8GR was the gold standard for GPS radios for many years. In fact, many in HAM see it as better than current Yaesu offerings. This is a complete package ready for hookup to your Yagi antenna. And if you need a quick start guide, you can find it on TRF here, authored by former forum owner, Kevin Trojanowski (spelling?).

IMG_20170905_114400.jpg

SOLD

Last edited:
This is one of a series of products from "down under." There are some smart electronics guys in the Australian Rocketry scene. In any case this is a magnetic tilt sensor, but one of the more advanced. You can program tilt angle via push button and not only does it provide an apogee indication, it has an on-board timer to provide a second control for a main deployment. Now it isn't going to replace your high-end altimeter, but I used these type devices for odd-roc designs, especially those fat, heavy ones that would only questionably go above the 300 foot minimum of most altimeters like this guy back here. Two are for sale here. Just had to show the cool purple backside on one of them in the pic.

IMG_20170905_080857.jpg

ALL SOLD

Last edited:
This just in! Also have two Featherweight Power Perches for sale. These will be added to the list and priced tomorrow at 7pm. Look forward to seeing you there. Remember, PM's start at 8pm EDT (per Post #23).

IMG_20170905_075033.jpg

ALL SOLD

Last edited:
He might actually have a ring of fires around him while holding a torch... Or that might be the guy at black rock last weekend.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

The Yaesu VX-8GR was the gold standard for GPS radios for many years. In fact, many in HAM see it as better than current Yaesu offerings. This is a complete package ready for hookup to your Yagi antenna. And if you need a quick start guide, you can find it on TRF here, authored by former forum owner, Kevin Trojanowski (spelling?).

View attachment 327465

If you want to APRS track directly to a Garmin GPS this is the only Yaesu offering you can do this with the round port Garmin 60Cs or 60CsX. Use the same cable as the Kenwood stuff: https://www.gpsgeek.com/products/in...h-d7a-tm-d700a-aprs-to-garmin-4-pin-round-gps.

I don't own one but I was in contact with a fellow who had one and plugged a GR into a 60Cs Works fine. A Legend can be used too with this one: https://www.gpsgeek.com/products/in...-aprs-to-garmin-etrex-emap-geko-gps-receivers

Get a Marvin West attenuator: https://www.west.net/~marvin/k0ov.htm put it inline to your Yagi antenna and you'll be all set to track the Beeline 70cm RDF trackers if so inclined.

Oh, you can download Open Source maps to use in a Garmin here: https://garmin.openstreetmap.nl/ The maps are accurate but the POI's are not that great. Not needed for rocket tracking.

Hold your GR up with the Garmin 60Cs and it will keep a lock on the rocket the entire flight. Scroll to the navigation screen and it's tell you how long it will take you to get to the last known position.

Only good for Ham Radio APRS tracking folks so sorry, doesn't work for the NMEA trackers. Why Yaesu dropped this unit is beyond me. It was a good entry level APRS H/T. Kurt

This is one of a series of products from "down under." There are some smart electronics guys in the Australian Rocketry scene. In any case this is a magnetic tilt sensor, but one of the more advanced. You can program tilt angle via push button and not only does it provide an apogee indication, it has an on-board timer to provide a second control for a main deployment. Now it isn't going to replace your high-end altimeter, but I used these type devices for odd-roc designs, especially those fat, heavy ones that would only questionably go above the 300 foot minimum of most altimeters like this guy back here. Two are for sale here. Just had to show the cool purple backside on one of them in the pic.

View attachment 327466

Isn't this the Zeptomag MAD unit? I thought that fellow was Dutch and it came from Europe and not Australia? I'ts just a MAD unit that is a lot safer than the Galejs unit that preceded it with a backup channel. I've used mine a lot and like it. Kurt

Here's the link: https://www.tindie.com/products/ZeptoBit/zeptomag/

Last edited:
Here is the legendary RockeTiltometer 2. This is brand new and never used from Frank Hermes' last production build. The first of its kind to process nine degrees of freedom and determine safe ignition of staged or airstart airframes. Couple this device with your favorite altimeter to meet the more stringent demands in place at many launch today and assure success on your more complex flight profiles.

View attachment 327463

It's either this or an Easy Mega or Tele Mega. Nothing else (yet) will have you covered. Only reason it went out of production is an essential part went unavailable with no substitution out there.

A lot of nice controller stuff here folks but I already have what I need so have no fear of me. Nice time to get some up to date and some hard to get electronics. Kurt

Isn't this the Zeptomag MAD unit? I thought that fellow was Dutch and it came from Europe and not Australia? I'ts just a MAD unit that is a lot safer than the Galejs unit that preceded it with a backup channel. I've used mine a lot and like it. Kurt

Here's the link: https://www.tindie.com/products/ZeptoBit/zeptomag/

Oh, looks like I am wrong. I thought that the guys at Australian Rocketry designed this like they did that high power fanout board that Sather used in his big Jayhawk. Then again, maybe they didn't design that either--maybe just distributors for that part of the world. In any case, it is a nice product.

Electronics usually last as long in the yard sale as a six pack in my fridge, why not just post the list and prices and collect phat stacks of cash?

Back