Storage bin for Balsa and Body Tubes

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

georgegassaway

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
On the Balsa Model Aircraft Builders Association group on Facebook, the matter of storing balsa came up. John Koptonak showed what he uses, a Rolled Document Storage box.

VBBJ7Le.jpg

At 37” tall, it also can work well for storing body tubes. Though since most tubes are sold at 34” lengths, would be a good idea to add some 2.5 to 3” spacers so the top of the tubes would be almost even with the top of the box.

I found one like it online, from engineersupply.com. I"m sure there are other sources.

https://www.engineersupply.com/manager-37-rolled-document-storage.aspx

f4TRsE5.jpg

On the Balsa Model Aircraft Builders Association group on Facebook, the matter of storing balsa came up. John Koptonak showed what he uses, a Rolled Document Storage box.

VBBJ7Le.jpg

At 37” tall, it also can work well for storing body tubes. Though since most tubes are sold at 34” lengths, would be a good idea to add some 2.5 to 3” spacers so the top of the tubes would be almost even with the top of the box.

I'm glad to see the box is finally packed... Now PM me for my address... :wink:

I'm glad to see the box is finally packed... Now PM me for my address... :wink:

Sure, after you Paypal me $1000 plus actual shipping cost. :)

To clarify for others, the photo of the box with balsa in it, was by John Koptonak.

Last edited:
Back