Polecat Rocket Kits

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I very much enjoy mine.

A few things:
It is so short and stubby I love it! LOL
They won't let you set up with the civilized folks on the flight line? You have to be out there all by yourself?
Beautiful launch site!!! Where the heck is that?

A few things:
It is so short and stubby I love it! LOL
They won't let you set up with the civilized folks on the flight line? You have to be out there all by yourself?
Beautiful launch site!!! Where the heck is that?

That was my retrieval spot. Normally I take a photo of the rocket on the ground with the laundry stretched out but forgot to do so on this occasion. Therefore the rocket was already packed for the hike back to the flight line when I remembered to take picture showing far the wind had carried it.

The site is Snow Ranch east of Stockton, CA, and sits at the base of Sierra Nevada foothills. The ranch has been used in several movies and television series. Many of the prop buildings are still there.

Ugh, California. Doubt I'll ever see that state again. Not exactly a day trip either. But still, nice site.

That was my retrieval spot. Normally I take a photo of the rocket on the ground with the laundry stretched out but forgot to do so on this occasion. Therefore the rocket was already packed for the hike back to the flight line when I remembered to take picture showing far the wind had carried it.

The site is Snow Ranch east of Stockton, CA, and sits at the base of Sierra Nevada foothills. The ranch has been used in several movies and television series. Many of the prop buildings are still there.

That particular flight landed on top of the hill. Coincidentally, the same hill Olga climbs to count the cars.

I love Snow Ranch, it's a special place. I've been going to launches there since 2009.

P1110323.JPG

P1110325.JPG

If they don't return under Mad Cow I'll be pretty sad. 6 years ago I built this bad boy, the 5.5" Nike Smoke kit. (ekomS ekiN)

Flew on a K, almost destroyed it, flew on an L, lost the nosecone, got it back and it came in ballistic on an I.

I always thought I should get another one and try it all again. I built it to put an M in it and never got a chance!

Braden

emoksekin.jpg
[video=youtube;eZj7EMM1wHQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZj7EMM1wHQ[/video]

Last edited:
Bump - any new unverifiable gossip on Polecat? Their website is now some sort of spyware for the chinese government...

Great company - no rumors just mourning that they are no longer available.

OK, put this under "NOT A RUMOR".

I got a direct email from Mike at MadCow just prior to Christmas. They've been inventorying their Pole Cat stuff and had hoped to get things on the web site up and running before Christmas, but if there was any part specific that I wanted to please ask and he would look and see if they had one.

I can forward you the email if you REALLY need proof. :)

Clearly they haven't been able to make that a reality, so I would guess that they don't have the manpower and/or space to get another 'brand' up and running, or that they got less than they expected as far as turn key, ready to sell inventory, as I believe that most PC kits were made to order.

In any case, if there's something you need, email MadCow with a direct question about the parts/pieces that you want.

OK, put this under "NOT A RUMOR".

I got a direct email from Mike at MadCow just prior to Christmas. They've been inventorying their Pole Cat stuff and had hoped to get things on the web site up and running before Christmas, but if there was any part specific that I wanted to please ask and he would look and see if they had one.

I can forward you the email if you REALLY need proof. :)

Clearly they haven't been able to make that a reality, so I would guess that they don't have the manpower and/or space to get another 'brand' up and running, or that they got less than they expected as far as turn key, ready to sell inventory, as I believe that most PC kits were made to order.

In any case, if there's something you need, email MadCow with a direct question about the parts/pieces that you want.

That's interesting, thanks for the update. Last I heard, an "unnamed" high power rocketry vendor had purchased PoleCat, and that an announcement was imminent. I had assumed it was Madcow, but never saw confirmation of that until now.

That's interesting, thanks for the update. Last I heard, an "unnamed" high power rocketry vendor had purchased PoleCat, and that an announcement was imminent. I had assumed it was Madcow, but never saw confirmation of that until now.
What is strange about Madcow they have quite a few different kits out of stock

So, it sounds like they purchased to liquidate and not make kits. I hope that is not the case.

What is strange about Madcow they have quite a few different kits out of stock

That's been their 'business model' for the past year or so on the fiberglass kits that they got from Rocketry Warehouse, only releasing most of their kits for limited stock BF sales.

Back on topic, I don't think that we'll see a resurgence of the Pole Cat kits, but thankfully there are a few vendors that have suitable substitutes and/or the parts to do a passable clone.

Take it with a grain of salt IMO, i missed out on the 2017 madcow BF sale of the dominator. I emailed them in jan of 2018 asking when it would be in stock. My response was register and put it on the wish list and i will automatically be notified. By the end of 2018 it had gone up in price then later completely removed from inventory :(.

Nobody has a clone of the Thunderstorm. Where else can I get a 15" X 12' Big Daddy?

Back