eRockets ROCK!!!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K'Tesh

.....OpenRocket's ..... "Chuck Norris"
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Today I got a BIG package in the mail from eRockets.com...

All but one body tube survived completely intact... The one that didn't can (and will be salvaged). Another was damaged, but it may have been done at any time in the 40+ years it's been in storage (again, I can work around it).

To get from Ohio to Shandong Province in the PRC with so little damage is AWESOME!!! :grin: :clap:
There are also quite a few kits and some parts... (I bought them and had them sent to eRockets to forward on to me).
The PartOfAZon can now be built as a full Partizon...​
Three new kits I'm simming for Semroc, and parts for a 4th that I'm building as a proposal for a new kit.
Estes Black Brant II
Estes Cobra
3 Estes Sprint XLs
Estes QCC Explorer
2 Estes Conquests
EAC Viper
Estes Hawkeye
Estes Tornado
and...

My favorite...
an Estes Omega K-52P (the two piece (white) injection molded nosecone version (with an orange and black starburst pattern parachute))​

Regrettably, my plans for this afternoon are filled with a frustrating need to go to work. :sad: Still, I'm in 7th Heaven right now.

Wait, you got a Estes Black Brant II????? I've been looking for those for weeks, and haven't found one yet.. :(
eRockets is SUPER great, incredibly fast shipping, low prices, and GREAT customer service!

Thanks,

Wait, you got a Estes Black Brant II????? I've been looking for those for weeks, and haven't found one yet.. :(
eRockets is SUPER great, incredibly fast shipping, low prices, and GREAT customer service!

Thanks,

Yeah... I scored that on Ebay last year (along with the Cobra, Hawkeye, and a kit that I can't identify (nearly all black plastic with no instructions))... Those kits, among others were sent to friends homes around the US, or directly to eRockets, and have been waiting for the right moment to be sent.

Truth be told, I'm going to need a grinectomy my cheeks are beginning to hurt... :grin: I'm also kind of stunned, in an embarrassment of riches kind of way.

Are the PRC regs for launching rockets similar to those in the USA? Do you need Chinese certification or do they recognize your USA credentials? Probable easier to find a place to launch.
Good luck and have fun, when I did some launches in Slovakia this past summer, the best part was seeing the faces of the locals when a rocket went up.

Are the PRC regs for launching rockets similar to those in the USA? Do you need Chinese certification or do they recognize your USA credentials? Probable easier to find a place to launch.

Just speak with a North Korean accent and you can launch as many rockets as you want. And wear your "Democracy Sucks" t-shirt.

Those will keep you busy for awhile Jim! How you post pics

Good luck and have fun, when I did some launches in Slovakia this past summer, the best part was seeing the faces of the locals when a rocket went up.

While I have a NAR L1 certification, I'm not looking to launch HPR here unless I can hook up with a very well established local club. My student that was interested in rocketry enough to join us here a few times had to drop out of the school (a private language teaching school) that I was teaching at... Then I found a better job and fired my boss to work there.

I do have a locally produced kit, along with two motors that came with it. However, I'm still lacking the glue needed to build it (think Testor's tube glue, or any other kind of plastic model cement).

Just speak with a North Korean accent and you can launch as many rockets as you want. And wear your "Democracy Sucks" t-shirt.

My Korean really is awful...

I tried to take Korean while I was at PSU, but the instructor used us as guinea pigs for her new book/teaching method, and wasted a ton of time trying to teach us how to type in Korean, and rather than teach us in class while the class was supposed to be held, teach us how to use "gotomeeting", or an other free online based meeting software, when she hadn't tried to get it to work herself, and wasn't able too anyway... All with 11 days to try and cram a term's worth of Korean into our heads, along with 63 homework assignments. Two days before the final, she decided to have the remaining members of the class that hadn't dropped out already (the 4 out of 11 students that had made it to day 9) do her teaching period online. The class was listed in the Registrar's office as an "In Class" kind of class, and not an "Online Course" kind of class. I dropped the class that day... wrote a scathing letter to the Registrar, Dean of Students, and the dean of the department. I was on academic probation (withdrawing from classes after being injured in a car crash, and later being hurt while falling down some stairs), and she jeopardized my financial aid. I used to have the various greetings, and farewells down pat, but she ended up confusing me, and I've never recovered my ability to greet someone properly in Korean.

While I wasn't refunded for dropping her class (Summer term has an extremely short period you can drop with a refund), my financial aid wasn't stopped, and , on the plus side, I was allowed to take a required Art credit course (got to draw naked women :grin: for school credit :grin:)

Those will keep you busy for awhile Jim! How you post pics

I've got to clean my apartment before I'll take pics. :wink:

Actually, I'm working on two builds threads at the moment, the Estes Sprint XL (7224), and the Semroc Maple Seed (KA-35)(and the sim for it). The sim is proving to be quite tricky due to the nested nature of how the fins are assembled.

... I was allowed to take a required Art credit course (got to draw naked women :grin: for school credit :grin:)

I took an art class in college and the last two classes were drawing nudes. One class was a woman and the other class was a man. Women are soooooo much easier to draw; and not just for the obvious reason. Women have soft curves which are easy to draw. Men have much more definition (one in decent shape anyway) which means lots of hard edges and lines.

Worked on my apartment today (defrosted the freezer, laundry, general tidying up... Battery on the camera is low, so I put it on the charger, but it's not charging (new battery too). I think my camera may be F****D (think geese, chickens and ducks) up. :mad:

Due to the Labor Day holiday, I wasn't able to transfer $$$ to the US until today to cover some bills (which typically takes about 45 minutes to an hour), then did some fruitless shopping for a matching set of sheets to the new set I just bought (I want to modify the new set). No luck there. Between the late night, biking all over creation, all the heavy lifting (4 water 16.8L water bottles), and contortionism go get into the tiny kitchen and access the freezer, I'm hurting and seriously thinking of going to bed w/o any progress on any kits done during this waking period.

Tomorrow, I'll be joining a couple of coworkers on a tour of a local vineyard. So, I don't know if/what I'll be able to do tomorrow. I hope my camera works, 'cause my phone's camera is a PITA to download from.

[EDIT] First rule of troubleshooting: Check the connections. Unplug, and replug. Turns out the splitter that the camera was charging off of seems to be the problem.:blush:
Camera is charging now fine.

Back