Lego Ultimate Millenium Falcon

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$800!!!!

After the Saturn V was only $120, which was shockingly low, this one is equally shockingly high. Holy smokes.

I'd love to have one and I'd have a great time building it with my 11 year old, but they've priced me out of being able to get it. They must know that enough people will pay that much for the kit so more power to them. That's how it goes sometimes.

The issued a MF a few years ago, and If I recall, it's price tag was in eth $600 range. this would be a re-release..

Wow that looks like a very cool kit! I just finished scouring through my son's gigantic Lego pile and miraculously finding all of the pieces to re-build the Millennium Falcon (75105), the one with BB8. Next up is Poe's X-Wing but it seems to be missing some key pieces plus BB8.

I emerged from my Lego dark age a couple of years before I emerged from my rocket dark age. In fact it was the Lego Saturn V that prompted me to get back into rocketry. Although I still buy the occasional big Lego set that catches my eye, I've now shifted most of my disposable income to rockets. At this point I now look at this spectacular $800 Lego set and can't help but think "wow think of the rocket(s) I could build for $800."

Build it, stick a cluster of motors in it, and launch that sucker!

This was the line of thinking that lead me back to rocketry. I finished the Lego Saturn V and I thought to myself "imagine if this thing could fly...what kind of motor would get this off the ground? HOLY S*** WHY HAVE I NOT GONE BACK TO FLYING ACTUAL ROCKETS?!"

Wow that looks like a very cool kit! I just finished scouring through my son's gigantic Lego pile and miraculously finding all of the pieces to re-build the Millennium Falcon (75105), the one with BB8. Next up is Poe's X-Wing but it seems to be missing some key pieces plus BB8.

For your missing pieces, check out bricklink.com which is basically an ebay for lego only, and it's global. There's never been a part I couldn't find, but I couldn't always afford them! Shipping always seems to come up to as much as the parts, so plan orders carefully!
-Ken

To state the obvious, that is awesome and I want it. Unfortunately, beyond my general unwillingness to spend $800 for a Lego set, I really have no idea what I'd do with the assembled model, which is quite large. It really needs to be displayed, and I could state with confidence that there is no place in my house where that thing could go right now.

I am also fighting a simultaneous first-time urge to get one and bury it unopened in the basement until it becomes valuable on Ebay or whatever. It seems like there's almost 100% chance it will appreciate significantly (and there seems to be almost 0% chance it wouldn't at least hold its value). I wonder if I did that whether there'd be any possibility of my keeping my hands off it. The temptation would be unbearable.

*sigh*

To state the obvious, that is awesome and I want it. Unfortunately, beyond my general unwillingness to spend $800 for a Lego set, I really have no idea what I'd do with the assembled model, which is quite large. It really needs to be displayed, and I could state with confidence that there is no place in my house where that thing could go right now.
That's how I feel about my Saturn V. I've put it together twice by myself and once with my 11 year old, but it isn't displayed permanently, after it gets put together I take it apart again a few days later. The fun for me is the build.

I am also fighting a simultaneous first-time urge to get one and bury it unopened in the basement until it becomes valuable on Ebay or whatever. It seems like there's almost 100% chance it will appreciate significantly (and there seems to be almost 0% chance it wouldn't at least hold its value). I wonder if I did that whether there'd be any possibility of my keeping my hands off it. The temptation would be unbearable.

*sigh*
There is a second Saturn V in my house, in the basement, on a high shelf behind other stuff, unopened and in the Lego store bag I bought it in. I'm hoping someday I'll get enough out of it to make it worth it. I was willing to risk doing that for the $120 Saturn V... can't justify the risk for the $800 Falcon.

And like you said, if I only bought the one I'd really have the urge to open it so I'd have to buy two. It's just priced too high for me but I'm hoping someone here gets one and shares some build pictures.

*sigh*

Same here, actually my wife got me the standard MF as a Father's Day present (since she couldn't find the Saturn V anywhere for a reasonable price). I told her I'll build it when the weather turns to crap and I'm itching for projects to do at the dining room table, but even still I'm not sure where I'll display it when it's done. My Porsche 911 fits perfectly on my display shelf, any wider than that and I have problems. As summer is still marching on and I'm keeping busy with rocket projects, I will at least have some time to figure out where to display it.

holy smokes had no idea it was so expensive. I thought it was too expensive when my son spent 100 dollars for legos.

Reminds me of the 30,000 piece jigsaw puzzle I saw in a puzzle shop once. :jaw:

For years my son received Legos for every birthday and Christmas. He finally decided that he's done with all of his Legos except a couple large Technics sets. We did an inventory and looked up the lowest price offered in the USA on Bricklink for each set. He's over $1200 so far.

Anyone want to buy some sets?

I like how the maximum order limit is 5. As if I could drop $4000.00 for Legos... I see they're already being advertised for sale at high mark ups... Funny, seeing as how they're not released yet...

This was the line of thinking that lead me back to rocketry. I finished the Lego Saturn V and I thought to myself "imagine if this thing could fly...what kind of motor would get this off the ground? HOLY S*** WHY HAVE I NOT GONE BACK TO FLYING ACTUAL ROCKETS?!"

I'll spot you a 6 inch O motor, but I want the case back in the same condition it started :>

From what I understand, the box is so large and unwieldy that the put wheels and a handle on it! Too rich for my blood!

Back