Help Support RocketryForum by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6
    FINALLY placed my order!!! Very excited to not lose rockets haha.

I'm going to get the Turnigy 1s lipo. Does anyone have a charger they'd recommend? The world of these small batteries is all new and foreign to me.

If someone posted a link to a decent charger and I just missed it, my apologies in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Exactimator View Post
    Correct. Those stats, LAT, LON, ALTITUDE go blank when signal is lost. It does continue to show the line to the last known location. And once I got within 700-800 feet and signal was regained, the stats all displayed again.

It didn't lose signal while it was flying. Only when it landed from the ground interference.
    Hmm, this is a bit troubling. I want to see some coordinates at all times. Maybe the last known position is still displayed in the console/log? I'll have to test it out. I have all 3 apps on my phone and I am getting the features mixed up. I think maybe Bluetooth GPS plus my trusty Garmin is the best approach.

Quote Originally Posted by HandsomeRob View Post
    FINALLY placed my order!!! Very excited to not lose rockets haha.

I'm going to get the Turnigy 1s lipo. Does anyone have a charger they'd recommend? The world of these small batteries is all new and foreign to me.

If someone posted a link to a decent charger and I just missed it, my apologies in advance.
    Welp. Nevermind. Ordered the one off Hobbyking.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye View Post
    Hmm, this is a bit troubling. I want to see some coordinates at all times. Maybe the last known position is still displayed in the console/log? I'll have to test it out. I have all 3 apps on my phone and I am getting the features mixed up. I think maybe Bluetooth GPS plus my trusty Garmin is the best approach.
    I tried it tonight and disconnected the TX power to simulate signal loss. The CONSOLE tab continues to show all the info. It just stops scrolling. There's a lot of digits that are easy to lose the lat/lon in. If you can figure out how to decipher it (I'm not sure I could) the info will be there for reference.
    NAR
    L1: 2/2/13, Madcow 4" Patriot. CTI H143
    L2: 9/2/14, Madcow 4" AGM33 Pike. CTI J335. 2,878 ft, 418 mph
    L3: 1/7/17, Wildman Drago XL. AT M1500. 13,559 ft, 1,017 mph, Mach 1.2

Yeah, all the data is there in the console. I just scan the text looking for familiar lat/lon numbers. Here is definition of the various NMEA sentences:

http://aprs.gids.nl/nmea/

I use these Turnigy 750mah LiPos as recommended by others here on TRF: https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-...-qr-w100s.html I haven't tested them for how long they last.
    These are the batteries I picked up as well, bought six of them. Now I need those pigtails to show up so I can get into some testing.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster, and if you look long into an abyss, the abyss also looks into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche

TRA# 08705 L3

www.dragonworksrocketry.com

DragonWorks Rocketry YouTube Channel

If everything works out, in a couple weeks I might be able to take one of these to ~14K-15K feet. Does anyone have experience at that altitude yet?
    NAR
    L1: 2/2/13, Madcow 4" Patriot. CTI H143
    L2: 9/2/14, Madcow 4" AGM33 Pike. CTI J335. 2,878 ft, 418 mph
    L3: 1/7/17, Wildman Drago XL. AT M1500. 13,559 ft, 1,017 mph, Mach 1.2

If everything works out, in a couple weeks I might be able to take one of these to ~14K-15K feet. Does anyone have experience at that altitude yet?
    I would expect it will work fine. I have the RTx system which uses the same GPS and radio and I've flown to 21k with no loss of signal and recovered up to 1 mile away with no issues. I fly my RTx simultaneously connected to the LCD screen and to my phone (using RocketTrack when I have phone signal). Please report back here after you've flown and share your experience.

-brant

NAR#93520
    TRA#16436