Help Support RocketryForum by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

I'll take what they have... The Slow Mo Guys video.

There are rocket launch videos, and then there are SLOW MO rocket launch videos (with sparky motors ).

While the rocket looked to be unfinished, the payoff was that the video these guys captured is pretty darn sexy!

Now if I'm not mistaken... Adam Savage talks about one of the same types of cameras that these guys are using in this video:

Dreaming of making the rockets I dreamed of as a kid (and then some).

NAR L1 Cert flight: Sheridan, Oregon, USA. Sept. 19, 2015. Flew Deep Space OFFl on an I357T-14A Blue Thunder

I would love to have something like that for launches. One day, they'll be $50 and fit on your keychain. One day.

TRA L2. I-class record: "Vanish 29" with an I224, 14,596ft, Mach 1.92. Video here.

Looks like those old Saturn V videos... very cool.

Is there a reasonably-priced camera out there that has a high frame rate, several hundred frames per second at least? All the ones I've seen on the web are on the high side of $1K.

Best,
    Terry
    The difference between science and the fuzzy subjects is that science requires reasoning, while those other subjects merely require scholarship.
    It is a truism that almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creed into law if it acquires the political power to do so.
    Be wary of strong drink. It can make you shoot at tax collectors---and miss.
    ----R. Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by prfesser View Post
    Is there a reasonably-priced camera out there that has a high frame rate, several hundred frames per second at least? All the ones I've seen on the web are on the high side of $1K.
    My GoPro 4 Black doesn't 240 frames per second at 720p (after you do the firmware update). It's a couple years old now, so I'm guessing there's something better. I know several phones can beat that.
    TRA L2. I-class record: "Vanish 29" with an I224, 14,596ft, Mach 1.92. Video here.

Quote Originally Posted by prfesser View Post

Best,
    Terry

The iPhone 7 does 240 fps at 720p, and 120 fps at 1080p. Just be sure to use a cable to pull the video off the phone to a computer. If you email it to yourself you'll lose resolution due to compression.