connecting rails

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ericm541

Reaction score
I'm considering connecting 2 lengths of 1515 rail mainly for ease of storage/ transportation. I would use the flat plates with appropriate hardware, of course the concern is where both ends come together and slot lining up.

If you can drag a button across the transition without an audible click or other sense of resistance, I would think it would be fine.

Our club uses a 96"and 48" 1515 connected quite often, we use the actual 80/20 plates and bolts and nuts. A plate on each side and the back (3 plates) each plate has 4 bolts iirc, there have been no issues with mis-alignment.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Rocketry Forum mobile app

Our club uses a 96"and 48" 1515 connected quite often, we use the actual 80/20 plates and bolts and nuts. A plate on each side and the back (3 plates) each plate has 4 bolts iirc, there have been no issues with mis-alignment.

This is the same thign we do.

That's exactly how i planned of fastening them, maybe using 2 5' lengths or an 8' and 2'.

Our section/club mounts their rails directly to 2.5" pipe... makes for a very strong, non-flexing, system,... but using one of these plates on the backside of a rail might be a problem.

We use two 8' sections joined with 4 or 5 unistrut buttons on the backside as a 1515 adapter for our unistrut trail launcher. You might want to put a small bevel on the front edge of the upper rail. Just so there's nothing for the button to grab/gouge on as it passes from one length to the other.

Back