New tracker range test result

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had hoped for these prior to my L2 flight on St. Patricks day, so will find a different GPS unit for that launch. But if they are done in June, that should be in plenty of time for Hellfire launch on the Bonneville Salt Flats! Maybe I can get it for L3 flight!!! Thanks for the updates!

I will need to demo your product at our next BCTEA get together....
ouch!

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

Some better news today. The LoRa modules unexpectedly came back into stock at Digikey today, so I ordered 500. Now there are no major delays expected for the hardware. We just need to finish the software.

Some better news today. The LoRa modules unexpectedly came back into stock at Digikey today, so I ordered 500. Now there are no major delays expected for the hardware. We just need to finish the software.

If you are taking pre-orders I’m in!

Matt

Love the hobby and the people!

I have been keeping a list of people who asked to be notified when units from the December batch are ready to order, and that list has been over-subscribed for a while now. The next production run will be large enough that there should be plenty for everyone, so thanks for the support but I don't think maintaining a reservation list after the first batch will be necessary.

The software is still getting fixed one bug at a time. Kevin did flight testing last weekend and I'm also planning to fly some trackers with NCR on Saturday. I'll open up the website for orders when we're ready to ship.

Adrian,

Could you give us an update on when the Android software may become available? Very interested here too.

The Android version will get developed after we get done with all the basic capability and some/all of the advanced capability for the iPhone version. It's at least a few months away, I think.

I will say that when I get started on the Android version, I am going to investigate one of the frameworks that claims to compile to native code for both Android and iOS... If it will support bluetooth, GPS, accelerometer and magnetometer, then I might get to where I am down to one source code base and then Android and iOS would move forward together. There are some "maybe nots" like if the deployment from it becomes very painful. [Apple (and Android) have both made deployment directly from their development environments pretty painless vs trying to package it all together when I tried my first iPhone app 5+ years ago.]

How did the weekend testing go?

How did the weekend testing go?

The larger launch event had to be scrubbed because of wildland fire danger. But some of us did get a chance to fly some MPR at a local field, so we got a couple more test flights in. Both flights had tracking that took us right to the rocket. One of the flights had an ejection charge shock that caused the GPS to lose lock temporarily, and pointed out a weakness in the GPS validity checking process that I've since fixed.

500 of the LoRa modules that were out of stock and gave us the scare with a long delivery time estimate are now in my possession. The bare circuit boards shipped to the assembler today. I will be taking more of the parts over to the assembler on Friday. We're currently working out an approach to make GPS tracker units with different firmware versions play nicely together.

The larger launch event had to be scrubbed because of wildland fire danger. But some of us did get a chance to fly some MPR at a local field, so we got a couple more test flights in. Both flights had tracking that took us right to the rocket. One of the flights had an ejection charge shock that caused the GPS to lose lock temporarily, and pointed out a weakness in the GPS validity checking process that I've since fixed.

500 of the LoRa modules that were out of stock and gave us the scare with a long delivery time estimate are now in my possession. The bare circuit boards shipped to the assembler today. I will be taking more of the parts over to the assembler on Friday. We're currently working out an approach to make GPS tracker units with different firmware versions play nicely together.

Sounds like progress!

I am not involved with this project but the only advantage to live telemetry is that you got something left over if you don't get the rocket back. Get the rocket back and one has access to all the flight data they want. Live data does add to the cool Factor though. Kurt

Adrian ,

First your dedication and ability's are with out question epic and awe inspiring.

Any way of adding a voice synthsizer to the unit for a live feed over a PA system?

Ive been eyeing K.A.T.E for months and am really close to pulling the trigger, that was unill your unit made some huge strides. I cant see buying

K.A.T.E. with out buying your unit first.

Just curious.

Thanks in advance.

Tom

Adrian ,

First your dedication and ability's are with out question epic and awe inspiring.

Any way of adding a voice synthsizer to the unit for a live feed over a PA system?

Ive been eyeing K.A.T.E for months and am really close to pulling the trigger, that was unill your unit made some huge strides. I cant see buying

Just curious.

Thanks in advance.

Tom

Try an Altus Metrum product. They have voice synthesized software but the only liability is needing a Ham Technician license. You'll save far more from one of their
products to more than cover the $17.00 cost of a Ham test. Heck, if you have the initiative, for the same $17.00 you can take all three of the tests at once as long as you pass each one. Me I did the Tech and General passing both. Yes the Multitronix product is highly developed but you have to remember you have to have the
rocket payload real estate to carry it. Kurt

Adrian ,

Just curious.

Thanks in advance.

Tom

Thanks for your support, Tom
Voice telemetry is definitely planned, though perhaps not in the first release.

Morse code requirement went out 11 years ago too. Tech is all you need for rocket tracking and opens up some different vistas many of which can be
cheaper than the commercial stuff. Kurt KC9LDH

does not mean code is not useful. we were told when the no-code push was on that it would lower equipment costs. I never believed it.

Thanks for your support, Tom
Voice telemetry is definitely planned, though perhaps not in the first release.

just curious, would that be like a flash update or a new version type of thing?

Either way..... I cant wait !!! I have an andriod AND apple phone .. just waiting to GO !!!

With much anticipation..

Tom

[video=youtube;4NwP3wes4M8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NwP3wes4M8[/video]

Hey---anyone wanting voice telemetry or other features needs to get in line behind those of us requesting an Android release. No cuts!

:)

It's a race for "most anticipated rocketry product" between this tracker and whatever comes out of the mind of John Beans at Jolly Logic next.

Hey---anyone wanting voice telemetry or other features needs to get in line behind those of us requesting an Android release. No cuts!

:)

It's a race for "most anticipated rocketry product" between this tracker and whatever comes out of the mind of John Beans at Jolly Logic next.

Combine forces to create a talking GPS chute release. Call it the Jolly Raven.

Back