Adafruit Trinket M0 - $8.95

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Winston

Lorenzo von Matterhorn
Reaction score
A MUCH improved Trinket just from the much better I/O capability even if you don't need the much higher CPU speed, word size (32 vs 8 bit), and memory size. Plus, unlike the original Trinket, it can more easily do serial comm from a running script over USB:

Adafruit Trinket M0 - $8.95 (versus $6.95 for the original, much less capable Trinket)

https://www.adafruit.com/product/3500

Here are some of the updates you can look forward to when using Trinket M0:

Same tiny size, form-factor, and pinout as classic Trinket

Updating ATtiny85 8-bit AVR for ATSAMD21E18 32-bit Cortex M0+

256KB Flash - 32x as much as 8 KB on ATtiny85

32 KB RAM - 64x as much as 512 bytes on ATtiny85

48 MHz 32 bit processor - 6x as fast as ATtiny85 (not even taking into account 32-bit speedups)

Native USB supported by every OS - can be used in Arduino or CircuitPython as USB serial console, Keyboard/Mouse HID, even a little disk drive for storing Python scripts. (ATtiny85 on the original Trinket does not have native USB)

Can be used with Arduino IDE or CircuitPython

All 5 GPIO pins are available and are not shared with USB - so you can use them for whatever you like!

Five GPIO pins with digital input/output with internally connected pullups or pulldowns

Three of the I/O pins can be used for 12-bit analog input

True analog output on one I/O pin - can be used to play 10-bit quality audio clips

We gave the M0 pads the exact same names as the original Trinket so all your existing Arduino code will work exactly the same as-is without changes

Two high speed PWM outputs - for servos, LEDs, etc

Three pins can also be used as hardware capacitive touch sensors with no additional components required

Can drive NeoPixels or DotStars on any pins, with enough memory to drive 8000+ pixels. DMA-NeoPixel support on one pin so you can drive pixels without having to spend any processor time on it.

Native hardware SPI, I2C and Serial available on two pads so you can connect to any I2C or Serial device with true hardware support (no annoying bit-banging). You can have either one SPI device or both I2C and Serial.

Same Reset switch for starting your project code over

Power with either USB or external output (such as a battery) - it'll automatically switch over

3500_kit_ORIG.jpg

[video=youtube;jec8jsvzWT8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jec8jsvzWT8[/video]

Back