Madcow Prion Build

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had my eye on the Prion for awhile, I'm a sucker for things with extra fins. Are the canards TTW or surface mount?

It's a great rocket, it was my L2 bird. Flown mine on motors from an I285R to a K695R (I tend to favor the red motors for mine). It has survived several runway landings - paint (esp on NC) and main fin tips a bit beat up, but haven't had to repair it yet.

What is your plan for electronics?

David

Planning on DD using an Adept 22 for altimeter. I used Adept for my L1 and it worked perfectly. For the price you can't beat it. Also made a screw switch for arming the system (Dave Lang style).

IMG_0484.jpgIMG_0485.jpg
Av bay finished up with Adept 22 Altimeter.

IMG_0483.jpg

Painting finished. named her "FRAGGLESTIK" from the movie bad santa.

Recovery includes a 50" Madcow main and a 20" Rocketwoman drogue X chute.

Wow that looks amazing Chris, I have a Hi-tech painted almost the same.

Thanks guys. Just talked to Wildman and I have a J295 coming this week. Sims out to around 6k and 615 Mph.

Anyone have the .ork file for it? Did a quick search and came up empty. I still remember the first time I saw Wizard's SP - had a serious case of the wants. Thinking of a scratch carbon fabrication - when the rest of the projects get finished.

Anyone have the .ork file for it? Did a quick search and came up empty. I still remember the first time I saw Wizard's SP - had a serious case of the wants. Thinking of a scratch carbon fabrication - when the rest of the projects get finished.

forgive my ignorance, what is a .ork file used for?

OpenRocket a freeware rocketry 3D modeling and simulation software.[/QUOTE

I have the open rocket sim file. My file extension is .rkt though. If that will work for you, I can email it.
OpenRocket can open .rkt files, but they need to be checked carefully. Models like the V2 which have fins on boattails will open but the fins wont display ( at least with the current version). The appearance of the 3D finished rocket always shows up as blue colored, changing the appearance in OR corrects the issue.

OpenRocket can open .rkt files, but they need to be checked carefully. Models like the V2 which have fins on boattails will open but the fins wont display ( at least with the current version). The appearance of the 3D finished rocket always shows up as blue colored, changing the appearance in OR corrects the issue.

I didn't know that, good info, thank you.

Waiting patiently for L2 video?!
Congrats on your Level 2 Chris!!

Can't wait to see what else you have in store!

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

Waiting patiently for L2 video?!
Congrats on your Level 2 Chris!!

Can't wait to see what else you have in store!

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

Flew her on a J295 to 5519' at Purdy sod farm with Indiana Rocketry. I have the video on youtube. Search L2 Tripoli Prion.

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eXRI_A6InSs[/video]

hopefully this works.

Back