After a 50 Year Hiatus... This!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think there are a lot of us boomers still out there Eric who indulge in the craft now that retirement is at hand. Heck with all the time and money I have on hand it's amazing I can keep this active without suffering another stroke or heart attack. Look at this as the reward for putting up with all the crap and guff during a 30+ year career, marriage and raising children. Retirement is great and I am lovin every moment. Yes Eric, it's great to be back! Thanks everyone.

I think there are a lot of us boomers still out there Eric who indulge in the craft now that retirement is at hand. Heck with all the time and money I have on hand it's amazing I can keep this active without suffering another stroke or heart attack. Look at this as the reward for putting up with all the crap and guff during a 30+ year career, marriage and raising children. Retirement is great and I am lovin every moment. Yes Eric, it's great to be back! Thanks everyone.

Hey, if you have some extra money and a desire to see other rocketeers fulfill their goals, I want one of these! :wink:

I am kind of in the same quandary as you Woody out here in western Maryland. Not much going on except for overdosing on opioids. Yea, it looks like I'll be limited to 29mm max but like I said I am too old to be tromping through the woods looking for a wayward rocket and climbing trees. Calculations put my max ceiling is going to be somewhere between 700 to 800 feet. Thanks for the heads up on Jolly Logic Chute Release. Will look into that. May come in handy in the future I think. Take care and have a great weekend my friend.

Fifteen Inches! You've got to be pulling my leg... this is a joke site right John? Really this can't be for real? Is it?

I like that... Straight smoke and good chutes. We had a saying in the Navy "Fair winds and following seas". Thanks.

Not to mention this, right here in Maryland eight years ago.

[video=youtube;nlVcAJFU-5E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlVcAJFU-5E[/video]

I saw this John... it was the inspiration to get back into model rocketry while I was hurling my guts out at the VA hospital during chemo treatments. Even though it's not a "model" rocket, the YouTube video of the GoPro launch is pretty impressive. Especially the video shot in the upper atmosphere.

[video=youtube;bDoh8zQDT38]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDoh8zQDT38[/video]

Stumbled across this little gizmo on Amazon. Definitely too old to go tromping through the woods and climbing trees these days so a GPS beacon is a clever idea. Love all the new technology out their. Also considering a dog collar strobe light affixed to the bottom of the nose cone or recovery gear to enhance the chances of visual tracking. Someone recommended a rocket tracking app for my android phone so I am all high tech now in the search and recover mode. It's going to be a great week everyone.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071GTJFPH/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0071PSG12/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Strobe Light.jpg

GPS Beacon.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning everyone, I have way too much freetime on my hands. Some of the fruits from my computer.

ERAWM.jpg

WMMPMR.jpg

Are you considering starting your own NAR section or TRA prefecture?

Oh gosh NO John! I am retired and really don't want to be in charge anymore. These were just the whimsical passions of one creative nincompoop who has way too much free time on his hands. I love to draw and create so it is only natural that I doodle on the computer like a bored twelve year old in junior high school.

And the creative juices just keep flowing here... I think I stumbled upon something with the redneck rocketeers theme. If nothing else it will be a great gag organization to promote. Nothing serious, and of course who hasn't in this hobby. Everyone have a great and safe holiday. Always practice safe grilling techniques and never, never pour gasoline directly on your fire. Use an appropriate redneck engineered device.

barbeque6.gif

Redneck Model Rocketeers.jpg

Back