The beginnings of my MM Fleet...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeffk813

Renderer of Rockets
Reaction score
MicroMaxx_Fleet.jpg Micro_Asteroid_Explorer.jpg

I got these kits few years ago and I'm kicking myself for not getting more, now that they're no longer available (unless there's a secret stash I don't know about). I have all the Quest micro rockets and launch sets, but they're heavy and fly like crap. I found these micro clones and had to have them.

The Goblin, Red Max and Bertha are all still unbuilt. I built the Asteroid Explorer a couple of years ago and painted it, but I just found the decals I printed out last night so I applied them. Clear coat going on in a day or two and she'll be ready to fly! I had to add the feet to the landing legs though. It'all probably add a ton of drag but I don't care. It just didn't look right without them.

I have a few more decal sets for the "Explorer, and a half-dozen or so for the Goblin. I've got the get busy scaling down and printing out a set for the Red Max.

This Micros stuff is addicting. I have plans in my head for micro launchpads and all sorts of stuff. Maybe I should buy some more motors and igniters first. :)

Attachments

• Micro_Asteroid_Explorer.png
    Micro_Asteroid_Explorer.png
    68.4 KB · Views: 213
  • MicroMaxx_Fleet.png
    MicroMaxx_Fleet.png
    77.7 KB · Views: 214
Fliskits offers quite a varied selection of micro kits as well as a full range of micro components

You can check those out while we wait for Micromeister to post pictures of his micro fleet.

I agree with Fliskits offering a great selection of Micro kits.
My favorite is the MMX Honest John, very stable and high flyer.

FK Ho Joe 37.jpg

On the left is my old one, on the right a newer build.

Gooney Family 008_WEB.jpg

This is my Goony MMX family all available here:
https://modelrocketbuilding.blogspot.com/p/downscales-and-plans.html
To give an idea of the size, that's a quarter in the picture.
Micros can be a lot of fun, build light and keep an eye on them at ignition.

Another option is to build the Mosquito, Quark, and Swift with MMX motor mounts (available from Fliskits). They fly great on these motors, and you can actually see the entire flight.

I won't bother adding photos of my current 249 different Down-Scaled Micro Maxx model fleet. If you'd like to see photos of my Micro Rockets, just look at most of the threads from this forum. If there is a rocket that fly in Standard or MPR it's likely been micro sized in my fleet. I've spent the last 17 years down scaling all my old favorite designs from back in the Golden Age of Rocketry.

I will 2nd or 3rd Support for Fliskits outstanding "Micro Too the Maxx" line of actual builder Kits, parts and MMX-II motors. These kits and parts are all outstanding! There are also several other sources for kits, some parts and motors. Quest Aerospace inc. is of course the original source for the Micro Maxx line including the 8 various LPB's (Little Plastic Bricks) and MMX-I & MMX-II motors from 1999 to currently. .

Quest Aerospace inc. is of course the original source for the Micro Maxx line including the 8 various LPB's (Little Plastic Bricks) and MMX-I & MMX-II motors from 1999 to currently. .

LPB --- Gotta be one of the best and most apt abbreviations ever!
Thanks for the chuckle!

Back