URRG August 26, 27 Launch and Picnic. Potter NY

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larry W

URRG Pres & Prefect
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
August Launch and URRG Picnic

August 26 - August 27

Hi Team. We are having our club picnic at the August launch. Everyone is welcome to join in the fun. Bring a dish to pass and some rockets for a great time!

Setup starts at 9:30, range is open from 10 am to ~5 pm

Crops are fully grown by now, if you’re going high, plan on using a tracker. Last year they cut the corn the morning of the August launch!

The August Picnic launch we invite newbie's looking to come see what we are about and come fly for free. If you join on the field that weekend you will be good through 2018.

Looking forward to the Picnic Launch. There's always a great turnout! The vendors for the August launch are Ken Allen from "Performance Hobbies", Teddy Chernock "One Bad Hawk" and Mike Crupe "MAC Performance Rocketry". A big thanks to them for supporting us every month! See you on the field. :smile:

Can't wait! I hope the corn comes down like last year, and we can avoid further crop dustings... I'll bring space cookies like last year:

28632870464_21fb4c81e9_b.jpg

Sandy and I can't wait for this one..
It's a fun time all around..
She's making her sausage and peppers for everybody..
Ohh mannn...
I hope the weather stays with us..

Teddy

REALLY wish we could make it this year, but it's just not going to happen. We hope that everyone has a great time!

Right now, the weather looks favorable - low 70s, 5-6 mph winds, partly cloudy...

Holey smokes man,,
I just punched up the weather,,
You couldn't write the forecast any better yourself,, lol...

WWooooppppp....

Teddy

Holey smokes man,,
I just punched up the weather,,
You couldn't write the forecast any better yourself,, lol...

WWooooppppp....

Teddy

If the sausage and peppers are as good as the recipe for the chicken croquettes with creole sauce you posted, we're in for a real treat!
With weather like this I hope you plan to fly at least a couple :wink: We'll be at the field Friday morning to start setting up. I've got three prepped and excited to fly.

Wow This weekend is going to be picture perfect for flying rockets, I have three rockets prepped and ready to fly. I'll see everyone there.

If the sausage and peppers are as good as the recipe for the chicken croquettes with creole sauce you posted, we're in for a real treat!
With weather like this I hope you plan to fly at least a couple :wink: We'll be at the field Friday morning to start setting up. I've got three prepped and excited to fly.

Whewwwww....
I've got sausage and peppers coming out of my ears....
I hope everybody's hungry,, lol...

Teddy

Heyyy,,,
I heard dat,,,,
Yes I helped,,,
Sandy didn't do it ALL by herself....lol...

Teddy

I am taking the small fry on a vacation before Carly goes back to school next week. Heading to the cape. We travel on Saturday so maybe well just have to slide off the 90 for some sausage onions and peppers. Sounds like I am going to miss a great weekend. The summer has been all work so I need to squeeze this in. I cant wait to camp at the September launch. Sounds like a great weekend.

I am taking the small fry on a vacation before Carly goes back to school next week. Heading to the cape. We travel on Saturday so maybe well just have to slide off the 90 for some sausage onions and peppers. Sounds like I am going to miss a great weekend. The summer has been all work so I need to squeeze this in. I cant wait to camp at the September launch. Sounds like a great weekend.

Larry,, all of your hard work will be sorely missed at the field
as will your sense of humor around the campfire...
You go have a wonderful time this weekend ...
I can't promise to save you some sausage and peppers though,, lol...
Have a great time and be very safe man...
We'll see you for sure in September...

Teddy

Ted Your a brother from another mother ill miss you brother tell sandy I am in for some of her home town cooking in September. Ill bring the Corfee and fire wood. opps and the Knob Creek.

Ted Your a brother from another mother ill miss you brother tell sandy I am in for some of her home town cooking in September. Ill bring the Corfee and fire wood. opps and the Knob Creek.

There is just no doubt Larry...
How wonderful is that,,, we always have next month...
You have a fantastic time with the family and be very safe...
And don't forget to torture the children...
My father taught me that,, lol...

Teddy

Great weather, Great food, Great company

A few shots from Saturday, the only day I could make it

Sorry - forgot to massage the photos for orientation

IMG_2571.jpg IMG_2589.jpg IMG_2652.jpg IMG_2656.jpg IMG_2670.jpg

What a great time ..
As always at a URRG launch..
This one was special though with a ton of food everybody brought for the clubs picnic launch...
You said it right Les,,
You couldn't have written better weather yourself,, great food ,, great like minded people to hang out with...
It just doesn't get any better then this...
Thank you all so much,, you always make my wife and I feel so welcome...

Teddy

Back