US manned spaceflight rocket garden progress

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The SV-Skylab is the current Estes SV kit with a piece of BT80 and a custom nosecone from Gordon/Sandman instead of the LEM adapter and C/SM. I'll add a wrap later to swap the S-IVB and Skylab paint schemes.

The S1B is an OOP Estes 2048 kit from eBay. It was missing a few centering rings (easy) and fins (hard). I built a new set of fins from balsa and cardstock. It's not done - for this pic, The LEM/CSM is actually from the SV kit.

ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1502939668.030376.jpg

Yes, 1/100.

I have the Mercury Redstone, Mercury Atlas and Titan GLV at 1/35, too. Haven't quite worked up the nerve to do the Saturn 1B at 1/35.

Yeah....I hear ya......a really big Saturn 1B is only something a person that has taken leave of his senses would do. LOL:lol::wink:

Yeah....I hear ya......a really big Saturn 1B is only something a person that has taken leave of his senses would do. LOL:lol::wink:

Oh, I've got it planned out. Which tubing from which suppliers. Haven't quite decided on turned basswood vs paper&foam capsule. Maybe if I feel the need to get an L2, I'll build it. Basically a big MPR build, rather than a fiberglass HPR build.

But this is next up. Darn close to 1/100. +/- a few percent, depending on which part you're looking at.

IMG_2319.jpg

Back