Zero dollar scratch build, Harpoon (ish)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vic20owner

Reaction score
I was in the middle of installing new kitchen cabinets... I was holding a scrap of 1/8" ply when my wife handed me a nice 2" cardboard tube left over from a roll of heavy paper. Instantly my inner child sprang to life!

I wanted something that would fly low on a D, but stay under 300' for the small parks nearby. On an E it will fly nicely.

I hollowed out the nose cone to make it lighter. I will be installing a baffle around the coupler so no wadding will be required. Will probably install a 24mm mount so I can fly it on Estes D and Aerotech E motors.

Total cost zero dollars! Well, not really zero since I purchased all this random stuff (paint, tools, etc) over the past few years.. but you know what I mean. Once you have all that it's a free rocket.

Screen Shot 2017-08-16 at 8.14.46 AM.jpgIMG_3676.JPGIMG_4068.JPGIMG_4069.JPGIMG_4142.JPG

Love nothing more than re-purposed "stuff". Very nice job:) on the nc also

That looks great. Did you just happen to have a big chunk of balsa laying around, or is the nose cone a different wood?

Back