Fliskits "Richter Recker" motor hooks

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billiam

Reaction score
The Fliskits, Richter Recker is a 92inch by 2.21inch (bt70) rocket kit that utilizes a 3x24mm motor cluster. It claims to use C11, D12, or E9 motors, however, my particular kit came with short (C11/D12) motor hooks.

Has anyone else run into this problem?

Mine came that way. I friction fit the e motors. It works well. Great rocket!

3x D12-0 to 3x E9-6 (This qualifies as a HP flight so you need to be Level One to do it at NAR launches.)

Richter recher.jpg
[video]https://www.facebook.com/derek.mcguckin.3/videos/vb.1052236843/3300600787830/?type=3&theater[/video]

Last edited:
By all means if you have the longer hooks use them. Then use spacers for the C11 and D12's. Estes offers orange ones. I cut my own from used motor casings. If you use the kit motor hooks then use tape to hold the E motors so they don't pop out at ejection. (That's bad)

On mine, I left the motor hooks out all together. I also used longer motor tubes to accommodate the E motors. When I assembled the motor mount, I epoxied a length of threaded rod in the center and use a washer and nut to hold the motors in, it works like a charm. I love my Richter Recker on E 12's.

I had one, and I launched it once with three E9s in it. I can't remember how I got around the hook problem. Maybe I bought some longer ones. In fact, yes, I think that's what I did.

In any case, one of the E9s catoed on the maiden launch, destroying the rocket. That was the last Estes E9 I will ever fly.

There are some bad E9's out there for sure. I launched a 30+ before I ran into a CATO. No fun! E12's are perfect for the Richter Recker.

With a cluster your best bet is a screw and washer setup. Or they're very easy to make from used windshield wiper blades. Tape is also your friend if you're looking for really easy.

If I had the hardware this is the motor I would use in the Richter Recker. CTI Pro24 144G65-8A Three of these would be awesome if you have enough room! :dark: The 8 second delay might be a little short though.

https://www.pro38.com/products/pro24/motor/MotorData.php?prodid=144G65-8A

Sorry for the thread creep. The Richter Recker is one of my favorite rockets and I get a bit excited :)
Build yours nice and solid and you will have lot's of fun!

If I had the hardware this is the motor I would use in the Richter Recker. CTI Pro24 144G65-8A Three of these would be awesome if you have enough room! :dark: The 8 second delay might be a little short though.

https://www.pro38.com/products/pro24/motor/MotorData.php?prodid=144G65-8A

Sorry for the thread creep. The Richter Recker is one of my favorite rockets and I get a bit excited :)
Build yours nice and solid and you will have lot's of fun!
I think the initial thrust spike on that would blast your bird to smithereens.

Thanks everyone for all the great feedback, I'm just not a fan of "friction fit", but I do love the idea of a piece of all-thread with a nut and washer.

Thank you, I was actually more interested in the front end, is it just sitting in a blob of epoxy or do you have a nut and washer on the other end as well that are glued in place?

Thank you, I was actually more interested in the front end, is it just sitting in a blob of epoxy or do you have a nut and washer on the other end as well that are glued in place?

I didn't take any pictures during construction. The all-thread is just set in the epoxy. If I were to do it again, I would set the nut in the epoxy and use a bolt and washer to hold the motors in. The way it is now, the all-thread gets oxidized from the motor exhaust and the nut gets stuck after it sits for a while. A little penetrating oil and it comes right off though.

Edit: Now that I think about it, there may be a nut and washer on the other end as well. It's been a few years since I built it.

Cool, thank you, this in on my build list.

I have decafinator with glider on the way for a crazy boost glider completion, then I'm building a recker. Somehow I have to count all this as progress towards my L3.

Back