• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

AMW hardware/components

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pnobile

Top Flight Recovery LLC
Reaction score
For sale:

(SOLD) 1 complete AMW 38/640 motor...includes nozzle, fwd bulkhead, 2 snap rings, and nozzle washer. Used 2 times. $45 shipped.

(SOLD) 1 AMW 75/3500 case, fwd bulkhead, 2 snap rings, nozzle washer. No nozzle. Used 2 times.

$85 shipped.

PM me if you'd like anything.

Preston

Last edited:
So if one was to buy the 75mm, could you add a Loki nozzle and fly Loki reloads? Or would you need a Loki forward bulkhead as well? I know this gets into the realm of EX but we not talking about mixing or anything. If so, may be a good cheap way into 75 mm motors.

Last edited:
So if one was to buy the 75mm, could you add a Loki nozzle and fly Loki reloads? Or would you need a Loki forward bulkhead as well? I know this gets into the realm of EX but we not talking about mixing or anything. If so, may be a good cheap way into 75 mm motors.

I believe you will need a forward closure and nozzle from Loki.

I believe you will need a forward closure and nozzle from Loki.
I know Loki sales a conversion kit to fly Loki in AMW cases.
From website: Includes a #40 nozzle, nozzle washer, and 2013 bulkhead with smoke If that's the case, not much savings.
Was hoping someone could clarify the bulkhead/closure.

I'll take this:
1 complete AMW 38/640 motor...includes nozzle, fwd bulkhead, 2 snap rings, and nozzle washer. Used 2 times. $45 shipped.

Please PM me with payment details.

John

I'll take this:
1 complete AMW 38/640 motor...includes nozzle, fwd bulkhead, 2 snap rings, and nozzle washer. Used 2 times. $45 shipped.

John

Aw, man. I was just about to buy it..

Thanksm

A Loki nozzle, a Loki forward, and a Loki commercial load in an AMW case = a commercial load,, ok to fly at a commercial launch...
If either the nozzle or the forward are not Loki, it certainly may work,, fitment is on the flier / assembler,,
and it's an ex load,, not ok to fly at a commercial only launch...

Teddy

In the 38-640 you can fly kosdon by aerotech. I think the reloads are an I-550 and a J-740. Great motors!

For sale:

1 AMW 75/3500 case, fwd bulkhead, 2 snap rings, nozzle washer. No nozzle. Used 2 times.

$85 shipped.

PM me if you'd like anything.

Preston

I'll take this:

John

I'll take the 38/640 motor if that deal falls through.

Thanks,

A Loki nozzle, a Loki forward, and a Loki commercial load in an AMW case = a commercial load,, ok to fly at a commercial launch...
If either the nozzle or the forward are not Loki, it certainly may work,, fitment is on the flier / assembler,,
and it's an ex load,, not ok to fly at a commercial only launch...

Teddy

Here is the grey area for me. Our launches are research anyway. If the Loki load + nozzle will work and be considered research or ex, I'm good with that. I could have a 75mm motor for under 150 bucks. And with Chris Short being our vendor, Loki is easy to get. Looks like I would maybe have to trim the liner. Loki liners seem to be longer than AMW or Gorilla, but propellant length is the same - information gathered online, not from personal experience.

Here is the grey area for me. Our launches are research anyway. If the Loki load + nozzle will work and be considered research or ex, I'm good with that. I could have a 75mm motor for under 150 bucks. And with Chris Short being our vendor, Loki is easy to get. Looks like I would maybe have to trim the liner. Loki liners seem to be longer than AMW or Gorilla, but propellant length is the same - information gathered online, not from personal experience.

You would need a Loki bulkhead as well. Internal lengths are significantly different (Loki is ~1.125" long with .35" shoulder whereas AMW Smoke is ~1.78" long with 0.4" shoulder). AMW uses a 1.125" OD by 1.4375" long smoke grain whereas Loki uses a 1.25" OD by 1.8" long smoke grain. AMW vs. Loki nozzles are typically different lengths as well; with Loki typically being shorter in length. So using the same case, both liner and propellant length will be greater when using Loki internals.

Ted's spot on...go for the Loki internals and you're good to go, Commercial or Research launch. You'd be hacking or replacing parts if you'd try a Loki load with AMW internals.

If you want to purchase from Preston (a good price), let him/I know and I'd likely purchase the forward bulkhead. Hurry up though, before I snag it!:wink:

You would need a Loki bulkhead as well. Internal lengths are significantly different (Loki is ~1.125" long with .35" shoulder whereas AMW Smoke is ~1.78" long with 0.4" shoulder). AMW uses a 1.125" OD by 1.4375" long smoke grain whereas Loki uses a 1.25" OD by 1.8" long smoke grain. AMW vs. Loki nozzles are typically different lengths as well; with Loki typically being shorter in length. So using the same case, both liner and propellant length will be greater when using Loki internals.

Ted's spot on...go for the Loki internals and you're good to go, Commercial or Research launch. You'd be hacking or replacing parts if you'd try a Loki load with AMW internals.

If you want to purchase from Preston (a good price), let him/I know and I'd likely purchase the forward bulkhead. Hurry up though, before I snag it!:wink:

Wow Eric,,,
super detailed,,,
I see you've done this before,, lol...
I guess if you've had the experience of having both sets of parts in your hands in the same place at the same time,,,
that'd sure as heck be the only way it would stick in my head,, lol...

Teddy

Thanks Eric. This is exactly the info I was looking for.
I see it has been sold though and since Preston hasn't replied to my PM, it wasn't to me. Looks like I missed out, been in classes all day. Darn this day job stuff.

Back