L2 attained today

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billdz

Reaction score
That was fun. Beautiful 3900' flight of the PAUL DZ (LOC Expediter) on a J180 at the NEFAR launch near Bunnell, Florida. Thanks to all on this forum who have helped me! Hard to believe I've had over 300 posts since getting back into rocketry in February.

PS - NEFAR is a great club with the best launch site and facilities I've seen. Jimmy makes a high quality video of almost every flight.

PAUL DZ J180 flight graph.jpg

PAUL DZ J180 flight path.jpg

Congrats. Looking to get my L2 in September. Need some cooler weather first though. Don't feel like going all the prep work dripping sweat.

Congrats! And don't let folks talk you out of L3, if that's what you want to do. Sure, there are lots of great motors and flights to be had at L2, and you could be very happy with that the rest of your life. But there're also lots of great motors and flights to be had to L3. Get your cert, and then fly whatever the heck you want the rest of your life. Just because you get L3, doesn't mean that you are limited to M, N, and O motors. :wink:

billdz

Congrats on the L-2 !!
What altimeter were you using to get the data in your first post ?

That was fun. Beautiful 3900' flight of the PAUL DZ (LOC Expediter) on a J180 at the NEFAR launch near Bunnell, Florida. Thanks to all on this forum who have helped me! Hard to believe I've had over 300 posts since getting back into rocketry in February.

PS - NEFAR is a great club with the best launch site and facilities I've seen. Jimmy makes a high quality video of almost every flight.

Thanks everybody!
@bobby_hamill - Telemetrum
@DinoAP - I500 wow, so much for the theory of using the smallest possible H motor for the L1 test
@r66astro - I have to drive 3 hours just to get to a site where I can fly L2. L3 would be nice but nowhere convenient to fly

Back