Nike Smoke dimensions

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockets

Reaction score
I am looking for the dimensions of the Nike Smoke.
I need dimensions for:
Fins
BT
Nose cone

Thanks,

I am looking for the dimensions of the Nike Smoke.
I need dimensions for:
Fins
BT
Nose cone

Thanks,

Why not start with the dimensions of the real thing and scale it to whatever scale you want. It's probably the most easily found missile on Google. Just google "dimensioned drawing of nike smoke"
0ef1e586e97fa0f964e0becd64e227a6.jpg

Steve Shannon

Was referring to my bet that "rockets" and "13 year old rocket guru" weren't he same kid.

but I still like beer ;)

Nope. We're not the same person. I'm just trying to help him out with some research on the Nike Smoke.
He needs the dimensions. I figured that I would start a thread for him, because if he starts another thread, I can expect it to get pretty ugly.

Thanks,

I really don't want to get involved in all this but if someone isn't able to locate the dimensions if a very well known rocket how do they expect to be able to build one?

I really don't want to get involved in all this but if someone isn't able to locate the dimensions if a very well known rocket how do they expect to be able to build one?

It can be patience challenging sometimes, but we were all young once and needed to be shown different things. Not all 13 year olds know how to do online research.
There's an old saying: you can fool the fans but you can't fool the players, so when 13 yr old rocket guru represented himself as having a ton of experience it rankled people. Had he come on and shown some cool projects, pictures of himself launching, or asked smart questions instead of trying to impress us with a full size V2 project, people would have been very supportive. His bravado ruined that for many. I'm one to give second chances, so as long as the questions don't come off as arrogant I'll try to help.

Steve Shannon

Back