Mid-West Power 15 Princeton Illinois

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shouldn’t this thread be in the National thread, 175+ flyers!

Dare I ask if there will be a rain date?

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

Yeah, I am suspect'in after 15 years it should've graduated to a National Event by now. Sent my renewal in for QCRS since I couldn't make it this year and
best kudos to Gary for firing the card back so quickly. Hoping to make MMWP and next year. Kurt

Shouldn’t this thread be in the National thread, 175+ flyers!

Dare I ask if there will be a rain date?

No rain date; MWP is this weekend, rain or shine. Which is to say we will be flying rockets if the weather is nice or getting drunk at Tim's if it isn't :cheers:

No rain date; MWP is this weekend, rain or shine. Which is to say we will be flying rockets if the weather is nice or getting drunk at Tim's if it isn't :cheers:

Sounds like a fair plan if you ask me. There was a delay one year when the crops weren't out of the field but that was announced well in advance. Kurt

Fourteen hours at work-

Three different stores to visit on the one hour drive home...

ALL "The Twinkage" I could round up, including *NEW* Twinkie Ice Cream Cones! :p

Seemed too be alot of Bo-nan-ah Twinkies (yuck:puke:) sitting on the shelves-

"Indiana! :D We may be an hour ahead of you ;) but, were 2 years behind the present! :lol:"

View attachment 331191

Fourteen hours at work-

Three different stores to visit on the one hour drive home...

ALL "The Twinkage" I could round up, including *NEW* Twinkie Ice Cream Cones! :p

Seemed too be alot of Bo-nan-ah Twinkies (yuck:puke:) sitting on the shelves-

"Indiana! :D We may be an hour ahead of you ;) but, were 2 years behind the present! :lol:"

View attachment 331191

Aye Dios mio!

Change of plans. Puppy is no longer coming. Neither is wife. Her cousin's mom passed away yesterday, so she's staying in St. Louis to go to the Saturday funeral. Doesn't really know the woman too well, but she wanted to be there for her cousin. Now I'll need a pad assist or a drinking buddy if the weather is bad. :p

FOR MWP15 -
Sabrina plans on getting the "1" on her Tripoli "M" cert - and her NAR JR L1, with this rocket. It's supposed to look like a Galaxy or the Universe. She will be applying some holographic tape to the fin area.

She's having some trouble coming up with a good name. The rocket is an Estes Leviathan XL (Leviathan with an extra section of body tube). She wants to use Galaxy, Universe, Holographic, (or Holo) and maybe Unicorn in the name.

All Naming suggestions will be given appropriate consideration. :rolleyes:

2017-10-31 16.01.07-1.jpg

I would recommend keeping an eye on the weather yourself and preparing for what Mother Nature brings.

Either way, we will be out there, having a good time and eating some good food.

Let’s all do a group rain dance and hope for the best.

See you in a few days!!

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

I am sacrificing a Chicken as we speak-
A Chicken Bacon Ranch Sub....*burp*:eek:
Hey- I'm doing my part!

FOR MWP15 -
Sabrina plans on getting the "1" on her Tripoli "M" cert - and her NAR JR L1, with this rocket. It's supposed to look like a Galaxy or the Universe. She will be applying some holographic tape to the fin area.

She's having some trouble coming up with a good name. The rocket is an Estes Leviathan XL (Leviathan with an extra section of body tube). She wants to use Galaxy, Universe, Holographic, (or Holo) and maybe Unicorn in the name.

All Naming suggestions will be given appropriate consideration. :rolleyes:

Cosmic Cheesecake...:rolleyes:
Universal Solitude...
Milky Way Time Traveler...
Infinite Destination...

Side note...
If we have a no-fly day due to weather... I'd love to play some chess. If I brought a board, would anyone play? Or should I plan on sleeping for 18 hours (and that's not a bad thing).

Change of plans. Puppy is no longer coming. Neither is wife. Her cousin's mom passed away yesterday, so she's staying in St. Louis to go to the Saturday funeral. Doesn't really know the woman too well, but she wanted to be there for her cousin. Now I'll need a pad assist or a drinking buddy if the weather is bad. :p
Lucky for you I can do both, well mainly the drinking part but hey I can hold a screwdriver also:)

Side note...
If we have a no-fly day due to weather... I'd love to play some chess. If I brought a board, would anyone play? Or should I plan on sleeping for 18 hours (and that's not a bad thing).

At least you didn't say- Dungeons and, Dragons marathon in my room!:lol:
I was thinking more like a game of drunken Operation hooked up to a car battery...:dark:

and, sadly after that night Gus was never able to eat anything but, soft food. :p

Chess, D&D? How about instead a bit of target practice behind Tim's garage?

From the Ether...

It is beautiful, Sabrina. I suggest...

NEBULA - Named after the Latin word for “cloud”, nebulae are not only massive clouds of dust, hydrogen and helium gas, and plasma; they are also often “stellar nurseries” – i.e. the place where stars are born.

and as an extra, two for the price of one, meaning - From Guardians of the Galaxy, Nebula is a Luphomoid assassin, an adopted daughter of the intergalactic warlord, Thanos and as well the adopted sister of Gamora.

643px-Hs-2009-25_Hubble.jpgScreen Shot 2017-10-31 at 10.34.27 PM.png

Side note...

I would love a chance to redeem myself.

MWP 15 weather inquiries.

The weather Friday is nominal, and it will be flyable.
The local weather forecast this morning was a 20% chance of rain on Saturday and a 10% chance of rain on Sunday.

Plan for parking on the street.

We'll see you all there.

Last edited:
MWP 15 weather inquiries.

The weather Friday is nominal, and it will be flyable.
The local weather forecast this morning was a 20% chance of rain on Saturday and a 10% chance of rain on Sunday.

Plan for parking on the street.

We'll see you all there.

Wunderground is showing 10% risk of precip on Friday and 80% Saturday and Sunday in Princeton. Prepare for on road parking like stated and I hear Tim likes Jagermeister if you run out of saucers to fly.
I hope the weatherman was using windowpane when doing the prediction and is wrong. Kurt

Back