Mid-West Power 15 Princeton Illinois

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So 8', 10', 15'?

Something long enough to handle the large L3s? Mine is 12' tall. A 12' to 15' rail would be ok. Not so comfortable with 8' 1515 rails. That's more the 1010 lengths I see (6-8').

The rails that we have are 8 feet long. This is what we have, and it has always worked for any of the flights we've had. We do have the away cell launch trailer, that does have longer rails and unit strut. As far as downloading flight cards. No play cards are only handed out to register flyers and downloading them is not an option.

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

My TRA "M" cert has allowed me to assist at the away cell a couple of times @MWP.

The launch trailer that I have seen had a pretty long rail on it.

Here's a picture to give you an idea. Sorry - I don't know the 'specs' on the rail...

2015-11-01 12.40.54.jpg

2015-11-01 12.42.12.jpg

My TRA "M" cert has allowed me to assist at the away cell a couple of times @MWP.

The launch trailer that I have seen had a pretty long rail on it.

Here's a picture to give you an idea. Sorry - I don't know the 'specs' on the rail...

Rail length? "Pretty darn long..." That was a good day, me and, my young Jedi Manny and, my newest Rocketbuddy (who at 12 years old...glued up the N 10,000 we burned shortly after those pictures were taken.)

Registered and booked hotel room.
Planned flights:
My 4" Drago needs to launch; Chess-Themed, it's been sitting since early January waiting for a chance to fly. Not sure with what motor...
3" DarkoStar going on an AT L1090W
Mac Performance Blackfly will go up on something (maiden flight, finally)... Likely the CTI H225 Blue that I've had sitting around since forever.
Then maybe some small-ish stuff. I've got a bunch of 29/40-120 loads sitting around. Maybe this is the year I burn those up, with short flights and quick turnaround, I'll bet I can burn em all! LOL
No drag races for me this year... Broke as a joke. Booo...
I'll be free to help prep/load/recover if anyone wants. Looking forward to spending time landing a hand to friends up and down the flight line this year since I spent all of last year on the buttons. If you and I aren't friends yet and you need help... Guess what?! We're friends now, so just let me know what you need.
-Czerwin

If you and I aren't friends yet and you need help... Guess what?! We're friends now, so just let me know what you need.
-Czerwin

Can you pick up my speedo from the drycleaners? Make sure they got all the spots out from that "goat incident".

I'll be flying my L3 - wildman 6" v2 on an AT M1780T

Maybe 4" punisher on an L1100 Not So Wimpy EX motor.

2.6" Darkstar on 5 grain 54 white trash EX motor.

Thinking about the 2 stager, but with the L3 flight I might take it easy.

Also, the turkey rocket needs to fly again.

I like that name "White Trash" for a propellant. I remember a fella named a mix baby "poop" with a different expletive for poop 'cause that's what the grains looked like. When tested on a cell, blew the nozzle and trashed the load cell. Kurt

I like that name "White Trash" for a propellant.

Not my name- I found it with that name online. Apparently also known as "wicked white". Pretty simple white, and I had great success with a 3 grain 54 motor at a Tripoli Wisconsin launch last month.

Planned flights:
My 4" Drago needs to launch; Chess-Themed, it's been sitting since early January waiting for a chance to fly. Not sure with what motor...
Mac Performance Blackfly will go up on something (maiden flight, finally)... Likely the CTI H225 Blue that I've had sitting around since forever.
Then maybe some small-ish stuff. I've got a bunch of 29/40-120 loads sitting around. Maybe this is the year I burn those up, with short flights and quick turnaround, I'll bet I can burn em all! LOL
I'll be free to help prep/load/recover if anyone wants. Looking forward to spending time landing a hand to friends up and down the flight line this year since I spent all of last year on the buttons. If you and I aren't friends yet and you need help... Guess what?! We're friends now, so just let me know what you need.
-Czerwin

That's awfully nice of you Eric...
That's rocketry,,
people always willing to help...

If all goes well,,
I just may take you up on this offer Eric...
I just have to get some things done before the launch..

Teddy

We might be in need of assistance getting my dad's L3 monster out to the away cell, and likely with recovery as well.

Planned flights:
-Czerwin

That's awfully nice of you Eric...
That's rocketry,,
people always willing to help...

If all goes well,,
I just may take you up on this offer Eric...
I just have to get some things done before the launch..

Teddy
And you know I'll be around to harass you at the shop, Teddy! LoL... You gotta be frickin kiddin me!
We might be in need of assistance getting my dad's L3 monster out to the away cell, and likely with recovery as well.
Hmmmmmmmmm... That sounds like a good time! Wrestling your dad's monster at the away cell.... Wait... Umm... Rockets, we're still talking about rockets, right? LoL!!
I'll be there for ya.

My kids (9 & 12) are attending the launch with me, they've got a couple of Estes E2X PS2 rockets that we fly on E/F motors. Currently I only have the stock 1/4 launch lugs on them. Will they be able to launch them from the LPR rack with the 1/4 launch lug?

thanks - mark

My kids (9 & 12) are attending the launch with me, they've got a couple of Estes E2X PS2 rockets that we fly on E/F motors. Currently I only have the stock 1/4 launch lugs on them. Will they be able to launch them from the LPR rack with the 1/4 launch lug?

thanks - mark

Yup. Bring em

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

Well, I'm in! Be coming down Saturday and Sunday. I've been hardly able to launch all year so I'm pretty stoked about coming down for my first MWP. Couple of quick questions.

I live only an hour and a half away...enough fun things at night to warrant a hotel room? Wife has given me a kitchen pass for the weekend ;-).

Next, what is the hotel of choice?

FINALLY...Volunteering for work....any advice?

Looking forward to meeting everyone...some again ;-)

Well, I'm in! Be coming down Saturday and Sunday. I've been hardly able to launch all year so I'm pretty stoked about coming down for my first MWP. Couple of quick questions.

I live only an hour and a half away...enough fun things at night to warrant a hotel room? Wife has given me a kitchen pass for the weekend ;-).

The Days Inn has good prices if all you want is somewhere to bed down. The Americ Inn is a little better, but price is higher.

Saturday is the banquet and raffle and night launch.

If you want to volunteer, Pad Manager is a good choice since you get a chance to meet the fliers and see projects up close.

I live in Rockford, and I always get a hotel room. Days Inn is the cheapest and where most flyers stay. If you're looking for "better" accommodations, try the AmericInn across the street.
Volunteering: pad techs are greatly valuable. My first MWP, I did pad tech all three days... Learned a TON by doing it. Everyone loves talking about their projects, so as I helped set them up, I just asked every question I could think of. Even if you only do a couple shifts, is a huge help to the club to keep the pads moving along. Also, you'll meet every flyer one on one when you pad tech. There's no greater joy than networking with Rocketry folks.
LCO assistant is fun... You get to see every flight from up close. RSO is usually filled by now, but that's another fun volunteer job. You see every rocket and have to ask questions. And at the RSO, they have to answer! LoL!
Have fun, and I'll see you there.

Thanks for the advice. I registered for Pad Manager on Saturday Morning, and LCO Assistant for Sunday morning. Gives me lots of time each day for launching, helping...LEARNING ;-).

The Days Inn has good prices if all you want is somewhere to bed down. The Americ Inn is a little better, but price is higher.

Saturday is the banquet and raffle and night launch. At the Days Inn banquet room. After the night launch, a bunch of us head to the bar for late night festivities...

If you want to volunteer, Pad Manager is a good choice since you get a chance to meet the fliers and see projects up close.

The Days Inn isn't the best in town, but the beds are comfortable and if you go to the bar after the night launch (recommended), you can crawl back to your room... :wink:

Just booked my room at the Days Inn.

Planning to fly my four-stage Instant Karma: K2000 -> J800 -> J315 -> J350 to 11K

Also my two-stage American Karma: K1100 -> J575 to 12K

...Fred

Just booked my room at the Days Inn.

Planning to fly my four-stage Instant Karma: K2000 -> J800 -> J315 -> J350 to 11K

Also my two-stage American Karma: K1100 -> J575 to 12K

...Fred

Way too cool Fred...
I can't wait to see that flight for sure...
I think you hold the record,,,
you put a completely successful 5 stage HP flight at MWP last year, didn't you ??

Teddy

Well got final insurance approval for surgery on Friday and it's "all systems go" for my second hip replacement coming up in two days. Somewhat of an emergency on an accelerated schedule by doctor. Will be my third new joint in 2 years. Saying that, my expectation is to be 80% healed and manning my volunteer assignments for MWP, if not flying a few rockets!

From the Ether...

Last edited:
My goodness. Make sure you take your opioids (as you already know) so you can participate with therapy. Kurt

Heck, I'm so bad off I was taking opioids to make it through Airfest a month ago!

(lowest dose... so no one gets all excited...)

Well got final insurance approval for surgery on Friday and it's "all systems go" for my second hip replacement coming up in two days. Somewhat of an emergency on an accelerated schedule by doctor. Will be my third new joint in 2 years. Saying that, my expectation is to be 80% healed and manning my volunteer assignments for MWP, if not flying a few rockets!

From the Ether...

Heck, I'm so bad off I was taking opioids to make it through Airfest a month ago!

(lowest dose... so no one gets all excited...)

You put one or two up there and I'll shag 'em for you...

Nicest bunch of people in the whole world at MWP....

Teddy

Back