Mid-West Power 15 Princeton Illinois

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rockets and rain are not necessarily a bad thing....... Friday was a scramble for everyone to fly being the only day the weather allowed, But Saturday and Sunday were two great days spent with so many great people off the field. For Patty and I this was a chance to put faces with names, see some old friends, and make so many more new ones. There are so many that help to make Mid-West Power one of the most amazing launches of the year. Our hats are off to the BOD and members of QCRS for all their support. Thank you to each and everyone of you and a "special" Thank you to Tim and Jackie for all you did, and all you do!

Last edited:
Do we have a banquet picture of the newly crowned Drag Race, err Tradition loser?

From the Ether...

Long drive from Pittsburgh for one day of flying, but the field was great, the people at the launch were all great, the equipment was great, and it was one of smoothest run launches that I have ever attended. There were tons of flights on Friday and the LCO's and RSO's kept everything running on all 8 cylinders and there was never a wait to get out on the pads.

Definite do-over for next year

Long drive from Pittsburgh for one day of flying, but the field was great, the people at the launch were all great, the equipment was great, and it was one of smoothest run launches that I have ever attended. There were tons of flights on Friday and the LCO's and RSO's kept everything running on all 8 cylinders and there was never a wait to get out on the pads.

Definite do-over for next year

Sorry for your short stint. Over a three day period you can partake of the festivities at the banquet, night launch and some tinkering at Tim (Wildman's) workshop. Maybe next year...

Echoing others, a great big THANK YOU! to QCRS, Wildmans, and all others involved in making Midwest Power the best in the Midwest year after year! :clap:Thank you for setting up and tearing down the entire split bank setup despite the forecast; I hear Friday was a great day of flight!

Though this was my first year in 14 years of attending MWP that I didn't fly anything, I had a blast! Just a stellar blend of folks who are a pleasure to hang out with. Thanks all!

See you in December, and Spring...maybe winter. Got a lot of AP to burn!!!!

Auuuugh! :surprised: We missed each other again...didn't we?

Nice pictures Grim and, Gary! :D

No, I didn't attend this year. But I guess I could've taken the day off Friday and come up Thursday night/Friday AM and enjoyed a little flight time... But I had a wedding to go to and felt like it was better to stay home. Hopefully next year is in the cards!

Still need to bug you about that project...

Echoing others, a great big THANK YOU! to QCRS, Wildmans, and all others involved in making Midwest Power the best in the Midwest year after year! :clap:Thank you for setting up and tearing down the entire split bank setup despite the forecast; I hear Friday was a great day of flight!

Though this was my first year in 14 years of attending MWP that I didn't fly anything, I had a blast! Just a stellar blend of folks who are a pleasure to hang out with. Thanks all!

See you in December, and Spring...maybe winter. Got a lot of AP to burn!!!!

Eric,

I was under the impression you flew the Mother Lode on Friday. Not sure where I got that but I'm glad I didn't miss it. Let me know when you plan to fly it. Something nostalgic about those big cardboard rockets from Loc. I did get to fly my Cherokee on a very nice K975 poured by Gary Dickinson. People say they don't hold up as well as fiberglass but this was around flight number thirty on this one. The first flight was on a J275 and after that they have all been K's or better. Looks a little worse for wear but I can recover it easily. Had a J90 in my EZI but didn't get it in the air. Maybe next time. Good to see you.

I know, I've made so many staged flights I can hardly keep track myself. But, I'm pretty sure I'd remember a five-stage flight. [emoji1]

Sent from my Pixel using Rocketry Forum mobile app

Man, what am I remembering then Fred ?
At MWP you put up the 5
and the next staged flight there was a problem, it was a 3 or 4 stage..
A year or two ago..
I tink,, lol..

Teddy

Only got in one flight due to the weather, but it was a good one. This low and slow thing is new to me :D

[YOUTUBE]sG9UhZpIHuw[/YOUTUBE]

I know, I've made so many staged flights I can hardly keep track myself. But, I'm pretty sure I'd remember a five-stage flight. [emoji1]

Sent from my Pixel using Rocketry Forum mobile app

The 5 stage flight I was referring to was BP motors some years ago. It wasn't a complex APCP one. The flights of Fred's I've seen are always enjoyable. Kurt

Back