Mid-West Power 15 Princeton Illinois

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Midwest Power 15 is right around the corner and the deadline for t-shirts is approaching fast. We need to have ALL pre-orders in by 10/18/17 at midnight. We will have very limited shirts for sale on site and they will ALL sell out before the end of the day on Saturday (They always do).

Please get your pre-orders in and get registered.

Looking forward to seeing you all there!!

Missed it last year but it looks like I might have wifey talked into going time around!

Probably just bringing Echo Charlie Four (WM Eagle Claw) for a low and slow on an AT 1706 motor...and maybe my AT Mirage but I think it's set up for only a 1/4 inch rod (my 1st "big" rocket that has still hasn't flown)...got 1/4" rods at MWP?

Any one know how the crops are doing this year? Still had some corn up at MWP13.

Midwest Power 15 is right around the corner and the deadline for t-shirts is approaching fast. We need to have ALL pre-orders in by 10/18/17 at midnight. We will have very limited shirts for sale on site and they will ALL sell out before the end of the day on Saturday (They always do).

Please get your pre-orders in and get registered.

Looking forward to seeing you all there!!

Thank you for this important info on the deadline !!!

Looking at the flyers list, it looks like we have a cool guy visiting us for the first time from his Eastern environs, John Haught. Make sure we give him a hearty Midwest welcome!

From the Ether...

Looking at the flyers list, it looks like we have a cool guy visiting us for the first time from his Eastern environs, John Haught. Make sure we give him a hearty Midwest welcome!

Does that mean he has to wear the dress?

Just got my registration in.. now to finish my L3 rocket.

Put it on our calendars for 2018... big WOOSH / QCRS showing at Argonia. Road trip with my friends.

But, back to this year's MWP. Among the festivities is the long awaited (and avoided) side bet rematch of 3" Wildmen from 2009. Reigning champion Gus defends his title with AT K700.

And to keep things interesting (and weird) is it will be done concurrently with the inaugural MWP sideburn contest. Open to ALL (assuming side-burn capable genes), judged by Sabrina. Must be identifiable as sideburns... no full beards (Rex), no 10-day stubble (Tim). We're talking fat Elvis, Wolverine, Burt Rutan stuff here. Game on.

Sabrina is a pretty tough competitor- she may grow sideburns just to beat you.

:lol:

I found some really nice "Stick on" ones that could do the trick!

Sather, Gus, Sabrina????
How are the sideburns growin??? I might start growin mine next week. I don't wanna embarrass yous guys too bad. After all, when I take off my shirt, I'm still wearin a sweater... I can grow hair anywhere I want, as long as it's not on top of my head. :facepalm:

Sather, Gus, Sabrina????
How are the sideburns growin??? I might start growin mine next week. I don't wanna embarrass yous guys too bad. After all, when I take off my shirt, I'm still wearin a sweater... I can grow hair anywhere I want, as long as it's not on top of my head. :facepalm:

Almost there...

450px-08_Martin_Van_Buren_3x4.jpg

and we'll all be singing this at the banquet...

[video=youtube;6TXWzlT02_s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TXWzlT02_s[/video]

Does that mean he has to wear the dress?

Just got my registration in.. now to finish my L3 rocket.

I haven't worn a dress in quite some time, but I guess as long as it doesn't make me look fat I'm game.
This launch is sounding like a good time !!!

Thinking about attending MWP for the first time. I read through the webpages and didn't see much info on the field layout. How many pads, alternating sides, parking, crops, mud? Thanks for any info!

Thinking about attending MWP for the first time. I read through the webpages and didn't see much info on the field layout. How many pads, alternating sides, parking, crops, mud? Thanks for any info!

We park in the crop field just east of the road if (and only if) the weather allows. Otherwise, we park on the road itself. Chuck's drone footage from last year gives you a really good idea of the layout of the field, pads, away cell, parking, etc...

[video=youtube;6XnWZamo1Rs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XnWZamo1Rs[/video]

and we'll all be singing this at the banquet...

[video=youtube;6TXWzlT02_s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TXWzlT02_s[/video]

THIS ^^^ This right here >>> Singing songs at the Banquet.

Songs about Sideburns and BABY PIMPS !?!? :surprised: :shock: :y: :facepalm: :eyeroll: :lol: :smile:

THIS is what makes MWP the GREATEST ROCKET LAUNCH SHOWCASE on the PLANET!!!

babypimp.jpg

baby2.jpg

Saturday October 14, Field conditions report.

Was out at the field in the container and the Field looks great, all the corn is down and some beans remained.

Lots and lots of wide open fields in just 3 weeks and counting.

The skies will be filled with rockets taking to the skies and the smell of burnt AP.

Great news! Is there any work that needs to be done between now and November 2?

Anyone know when pre-registration closes?
I'm sure it's here somewhere but I am not seeing it.
Thanks

And another trophy going to someone other than Gus. (Although statistically, as the defending champion, he could be taking it home.) Simple rules...

• Open to all who flew in the MWP 7 (2009) drag race. Forget who that includes? See attached spreadsheet.
  • Must use original 3" Wildman as flown in 2009 with Aerotech K700 motor. Rockets available for inspection and weigh-in prior to flight.
  • Field limited to max of 8 on first come first served basis. (Together in one bank, so as not to adversely affect field ops. Planning Friday or Saturday, time TBD)
  • Togetherness is the theme. Motors will be built together, rockets recovered together.
cheers.

IMG_3870.jpg

Screen Shot 2016-10-10 at 7.59.55 PM.png

Back