Mid-West Power 15 Princeton Illinois

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is what Sabrina will be handing out at the banquet, to somebody other than Gus...

This is nice and all, but how are Sabrina's sideburns going? She's competing, right?

Anyone know when pre-registration closes?
I'm sure it's here somewhere but I am not seeing it.
Thanks

Registration will be open until midnight on Friday, Oct. 27. After that you can register onsite but it will cost you $65

RandyL

This is nice and all, but how are Sabrina's sideburns going? She's competing, right?

Gus got her some stick-on ones. She may have to recuse herself as the judge.

Do you have some objective criteria for sideburn judging? Overall density? Length from bottom of ear? Symmetry? Overall awesomeness?

It is completely up to SideBurn Commissioner Sabrina. She may like little patterns in them. Or the color of your Sharpie. Or braids. Or how well you can carry a tune. Or if you have an avatar on TRF.

Hint: Why can't you make book in Vegas on professional wrestling? The only sport you can't bet on?

810bfc81503588c625832b385d5c9ea9.jpg

Sideburn-tranplant-before_1.gif

What's the motor limit at the night launch?
Are level I motors allowed?

No waiver on the night launch, so Class 1 rockets only. Limited to 3.3 pounds rocket weight, 125 grams propellant, G motor or smaller.

Over 150 HPR flyers registered - going to be an awesome launch - Online Pre-Registration is open until This coming Friday @ midnight.

Don't Delay, don't miss your chance!

Fly with the BEST at the BEST launch - Midwest Power 15.

2017Graphic.jpg

As refunds are not available, I find myself with 3 extra banquet tickets. Anyone needs any, look me up at RSO. If you ask nicely, I won't even charge you!

Jim,

3 extra tickets? Were you planning on bringing an entourage?

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

So what's everyone flying? I'm hoping to get three flights in:

- 5.5" Nike on an AT L-900 Dark Matter
- 4" Eclipse SS on an M-1500 Mojave Green
- 54mm MAC Monarch on a K-535 DMS (should do about 12-13K)

3 flights for me too.

L3 cert flight on 6" v2- M1780

2.6" Darkstar on 5 grain EX white 54- maybe a K500?

4" punisher on L960 EX motor.

And maybe the turkey rocket.

I got two planned so far.
Wildman Wild Thing Extreme on a AT M1550 Redline
Wildman Interceptor AAD 98 on a CTI L1355 Smoky Sam
If I get time yet, I might prep My PR Mad Maxx for a N3300 Redline
But that's only if I get time. Right now I'm still finishing up the other 2.

3 flights for me too.

L3 cert flight on 6" v2- M1780

2.6" Darkstar on 5 grain EX white 54- maybe a K500?

4" punisher on L960 EX motor.

And maybe the turkey rocket.

L3! Hope to see that Glen

For me only 2 flights
1. Mac Performance Firestick XL on an L640 ( my first L) to 14 and change, mach 1.6.
2. Undetermined but maybe 54MD Justin Ferrand rocket
Maybe other smalls
Help some friends, learn and volunteer

T minus 9 days, but who's counting? I AM!

The calm before the storm: most of the 57 grains of Sconnie propellant being prepped for MWP!

Sconnie17_zpsbdnkpttj.jpg

The calm before the storm: most of the 57 grains of Sconnie propellant being prepped for MWP!

Umm... dang! That's a lot of grains. I'm assuming they're all going in one rocket, right? :)

Care to share what the names of the propellants are?

In order of what I want to launch, my mix of HPR and LPR:

1. L3 flight - 8" scratch built PAC-3 Patriot on a Loki M1969
2. 4" Binder Design Excel 54mm on CTI J295
3. 3" scratch built on CTI I223 Skidmark
4. Estes Scion on F20 and G68
5. 4" scratch built SAAB RBS15 with strap on boosters on K500 + 2 x J330 boosters
6. (if low winds) Estes MIRV
7. Madcow Solar Express on F20 and G68

I'm having trouble getting my strap on boosters to fit right, so #5 is dicey. I could just launch the main airframe on the K500 sustainer, but I'd rather save the $$ and wait until I'm happy with the boosters. If I don't fly it, I might bring it for others to critique.

That list might be ambitious. At a minimum, I want to get the top 3 launched.

Umm... dang! That's a lot of grains. I'm assuming they're all going in one rocket, right? :)

Care to share what the names of the propellants are?

Absolutely; one airframe only! 23" in diameter, 17.3594' tall, 325lbs.:cool:

Only three propellant types this time around: Sparky, White, and RP4. Sparky and White are Sconnie flavors, RP4 is a clone of one of my all time favorite "commercial" propellants with a storied past. Here's to you, Frank!

Only three propellant types this time around: Sparky, White, and RP4. Sparky and White are Sconnie flavors, RP4 is a clone of one of my all time favorite "commercial" propellants with a storied past. Here's to you, Frank!

WHAT!? Holy smokes - what day? Need some help at the pad or carrying recovery I’d love to help

Please tell me that launches on Saturday!

It depends. Last time he did this, one of the tie down straps to his car broke, and he couldn't do the "rocket boosted car" that he wanted to do. Not sure if he was going to do that again this year, or the "rocket powered dumpster". I'm bringing some crazy glue, just in case he has a tie down issue again this year

WHAT!? Holy smokes - what day? Need some help at the pad or carrying recovery I’d love to help

Nick, Mark,

I was answering Glen's slightly silly question with a slightly silly response.:cool: Sorry for any confusion.:blush:

There are a lot of cluster and drag race motors in there however. From Left to Right:

-(3) 54-4G Sparkies for the King Viper III
-(2) 75-3G RP-4 for 7.5" Patriot drag race. Have one more of these made up for a 4" Drago (not shown)
-(1) 75-3(short)G White: 5.5" IQSY Tomahawk
-(1) 75-5(short)G White: 7.5" Hawk
-(3) 75-4(short)G Sparky: 7.5" Mother Lode
-(1) 75-8G: 7600 Sparky: 4" Competitor

Not all my rockets. Commercial motors not pictured. Throw in some I180 skids and D12's for that. Can't wait to see everybody next week! :D

Nick, Mark,

I was answering Glen's slightly silly question with a slightly silly response.:cool: Sorry for any confusion.:blush:

There are a lot of cluster and drag race motors in there however. From Left to Right:

-(3) 54-4G Sparkies for the King Viper III
-(2) 75-3G RP-4 for 7.5" Patriot drag race. Have one more of these made up for a 4" Drago (not shown)
-(1) 75-3(short)G White: 5.5" IQSY Tomahawk
-(1) 75-5(short)G White: 7.5" Hawk
-(3) 75-4(short)G Sparky: 7.5" Mother Lode
-(1) 75-8G: 7600 Sparky: 4" Competitor

Not all my rockets. Commercial motors not pictured. Throw in some I180 skids and D12's for that. Can't wait to see everybody next week! :D

Like the LOC clusters in there. Hopefully your KVIII flight is better than mine was :(.

Back