Mid-West Power 15 Princeton Illinois

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T minus 9 days, but who's counting? I AM!

The calm before the storm: most of the 57 grains of Sconnie propellant being prepped for MWP!

Sconnie17_zpsbdnkpttj.jpg

Impressive! :surprised:
If you run out of time I can help burn a few of those!!! :wink:
Chelsea and I can't wait to see you.

Nick, Mark,

I was answering Glen's slightly silly question with a slightly silly response.:cool: Sorry for any confusion.:blush:

There are a lot of cluster and drag race motors in there however. From Left to Right:

-(3) 54-4G Sparkies for the King Viper III
-(2) 75-3G RP-4 for 7.5" Patriot drag race. Have one more of these made up for a 4" Drago (not shown)
-(1) 75-3(short)G White: 5.5" IQSY Tomahawk
-(1) 75-5(short)G White: 7.5" Hawk
-(3) 75-4(short)G Sparky: 7.5" Mother Lode
-(1) 75-8G: 7600 Sparky: 4" Competitor

Not all my rockets. Commercial motors not pictured. Throw in some I180 skids and D12's for that. Can't wait to see everybody next week! :D

Haha well I wouldn’t put it past you. Cool flights will happen anyway, see you there Friday and I think Sunday will be my days there

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

Bring the Dog Sather...

NO excuses.:no:

Bring the Dog.

"The Dog"? Really? He has a name. Now you have hurt his feelings.

Probably won't be there... He likes to scrunch up my parachutes and make nylon bedding.

IMG_0433.jpg

Does the dog have sideburns? Can you enter a dog in the sideburn contest?

He has too much facial hair and would be disqualified under the no full beards rule.

IMG_1629.jpg

We're bringing our Boston Terrier. He's a goofball. Will lick anyone and anything.

Looking forward to that. Will bring some treats. :smile:

Probably won't be there... He likes to scrunch up my parachutes and make nylon bedding.

View attachment 330931

He has too much facial hair and would be disqualified under the no full beards rule.

View attachment 330932

Looking forward to that. Will bring some treats. :smile:

Is that a dog or an Ewok???

View attachment 330932

You silly...I know he has a name- plus, you beat me to it by posting my favorite Sather photo that does not have anything to do with rocketry.

Now, the picture of me "Supporting your ASSETS" while you were struggling to keep any semblance of balance atop of a launch tower...
modifying your large Jayhawk at Thunderstruck 1-

I'm thinking that picture is STILL out there somewhere.

Ok, i apologize once again :rolleyes: for :rolleyes: feeding :rolleyes: Rolo:rolleyes: a boatload of Twinkie's before your fateful trip home last time.
How was i supposed to know (NOT ever having had a dog) that it would produce a flatulence storm unheard of inside your fine Swedish made chariot?

C'mon... I'm bringing my Father again this year. I'll have to pretreat my fine Corinthian leather with conditioner and, put a bath towel over the passengers seat just to keep the peace amongst us! You can't feed that man ANYTHING without being tortured.

Fair is fair!

Listen, i was going to bring some Twinkies again this year....Strawberry, Chocolate, Deep Fried....Regular. Maybe even Banana. Naaaaawwww scratch that last one. (I'm SO hetro that i eat my Banana Twinkies from the middle.) Twinkies for only human consumption and, maybe a BIG BONE for someone else to gnaw on.

Think about it. I miss my little "Wookie Monster" friend. :sigh:

Now, the picture of me "Supporting your ASSETS" while you were struggling to keep any semblance of balance atop of a launch tower... modifying your large Jayhawk at Thunderstruck 1

IIRC that was the year you set fire to a good portion of northern Indiana.

Listen, i was going to bring some Twinkies again this year....Strawberry, Chocolate, Deep Fried....Regular. Maybe even Banana. Naaaaawwww scratch that last one. (I'm SO hetro that i eat my Banana Twinkies from the middle.)

Banana Twinkies, almost as good as the "Forever My Favorite" Banana Flip. Oooooooh, maaaaaan! I would definitely bring Rolo for some of these.... I used to eat them by the case in college. Probably what killed everything downstream of my circumflex artery - even though marketed as a "healthy snack".

IMG_8578.JPG

IIRC that was the year you set fire to a good portion of northern Indiana?

THAT was a good day!:eek: "As seen on Google Earth".

Seriously, how many of YOU have done something (besides build a house...landscaping...etc) that WAS seen on satellite imagery about a month later?

The legend lives on!

I hope the long range weather forecast is wrong. A lot of precip is suggested but of course that is a very long range forecast. Hope it's peed on out before MWP gets going. Kurt

New topic- GRIFFIN- do we have any confirmation that Terry Smemo will join us this year?

As per usual - our rocket-dog "Sparkie" will attend again this year. She (Sparkie) did not pre-register, so she is not allowed to fly (or fly in) any rockets :lol:

Here's a picture from last year at MWP14.

IMG_20161104_101604.jpg

What kind of dog is Sparkie? A Cesaroni? Aerotech? Or, more likely, one of those classic Animal Motor Works that we keep hearing about?

THAT was a good day!:eek: "As seen on Google Earth".

Seriously, how many of YOU have done something (besides build a house...landscaping...etc) that WAS seen on satellite imagery about a month later?

The legend lives on!

Whoee Gus, we need to talk.:grin:

Local folks; whats the field look like? corn, lack of, parking, ect.
I haven't been to field but I live about an hour west and 90% of the fields around here are down so I would assume they are. weather report did'nt look great at first but it seem to be getting better and better. Good thing about the midwest if you dont like the weather wait a couple hours and it will probably change.

Ok, prepped the following:
-Wildman V2 Sport, AT-G53FJ
-Mac BlackFly, CTI-H255BS
-WM DarkoStar - AT L1000W
-WM Drago4XL (The Immortal Rocket) on... TBD?

Nothing prepped yet, not even my lesson plans for the sub on Friday. I guess I should start working on that.

Midpower:
Thinking about bringing Super Jart on a G69
regular Jart (G something or another)
Darkstar mini (F something or another)

High power:
Estes Ventris on an H-45
Madcow Cowabunga on a Loki H100
MDRM on a H100
Scratch built 4" to 3" transition rocket "Tad Cooper" on a H-178
Darkstar Jr on an H-178 if I can find the correct AV sled... and the slimline retainer..
Mac Performance Scorpion on a H-178
4" scratch built rocket called Thumper (looks oddly like a Darkstar... but it isn't) On an I-??? that I prepped last year and didn't use and now can't find the paperwork. But it was assembled for that rocket. Probably an I-435 or 305

Just hoping for some decent weather

Last edited:
We are just a few days away from the big event!!!! Looking at the weather forecast, we might have a bit of rain. If this is the case, we will all need to be prepared to park in the road. I know this is not favorable, but it is what we have to to to preserve the land and the relationship with the landowners.

I would recommend keeping an eye on the weather yourself and preparing for what Mother Nature brings.

Either way, we will be out there, having a good time and eating some good food.

Let’s all do a group rain dance and hope for the best.

See you in a few days!!

Shouldn’t this thread be in the National thread, 175+ flyers!

Dare I ask if there will be a rain date?

1. Sather/Gus Wildman 3" rocket REMATCH from 2008- 90% done and, ready.

2. Sabrina/Gus Tripoli World Record Attempt for Stagged/Cluster (-) Impulse- 90% done and, ready.

Two level 3's to Tap...

Soooooo many Twinkies to eat.

The weather will be there and, so will I. :eek:

Back