Level 2 guys, will you level 3?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I only certed L2 to qualify to do range safety at our events. I also sold my other two L2-capable rockets. Only have my Mega Alpha left, and it's happy flying on I211. I need to get a Chute Release for it, then maybe I'll fly it on another J. H and I are plenty for me. No reason to do L3.

Think I did my Level 2 ten years ago...and that was fifteen years after my Level 1.

Guess I've never been in a hurry, given there is a lot to do w/o spending all my hobby money on a single L-3 motor and hardware.
Actually prefer the design/scratchbuild process.

Maybe I'll do the L3 thing eventually...seems these days you can pretty much buy a kit to do it - if you document the build and do the sims.
Ken A. ...take note - LOL.

I will be flying my L3 this Saturday at TMO. I'm gonna use most of there wavier at around 14.5K. Just a gentle push with an AT M1297. Looking forward to meeting everyone at TMO, including Andrew. Rockets Rock

Mark

I did my level 2 on the first day at Black Rock.
The TAP Committee a few years later said if I didn't get level 3 they would toss me from TAP.
For a few hours I was TAP and L1.

M

Got my L2 last month, so far, happy to achieved this, and happy to stay here for a while.

As a wise rocketeer said: "You've got your L2, time to experiment, and try new things" l2 is the time you start to really get involved with dual deploy, with charges, with altimeters, with other assorted bits & pieces. It's no longer an if, but a need at this point..."

(or something along those lines! I got the jist..:D )

Now, when the mortgage is up, things might change!

whats a mortgage? Haven't had one of them in the last 3 years.. Best feeling in the world..

Freedom...

Needless to say.. im planning my L3...

Really not driven to get my L3. I have other areas of interest that consume funds.... more mods for my car, boats and fishing. I enjoy watching M motors launch, but need to get the value out of L1 and L2 investment

Level 3? I used tube rockets for my Level One and Two, so why not Level Three? Anyone have links to Level Three capable tube rockets? Just looking for ideas and inspiration:)

I'll go start a noob thread for us.

Pass lol

Level 3? I used tube rockets for my Level One and Two, so why not Level Three? Anyone have links to Level Three capable tube rockets? Just looking for ideas and inspiration:)

I'm thinking if you can design and fly a sturdy L2 (L motor) tube-fin, you can do an M capable one. Talk to an L3CC about it!

Who was the guy that made the BlueFin Tuber? The one that flew on everything from G to M?

I'm telling you, guys, there is nothing like walking around with a 23-lb. motor in your hands ready to be stuck in your 55-lb. rocket.

I'm telling you, guys, there is nothing like walking around with a 23-lb. motor in your hands ready to be stuck in your 55-lb. rocket.

yes...yes... I have a re occurring dream similar.. However.. My rocket only weighed 30lbs.. Loaded...:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I remember telling my wife, no need for me to ever go Level 3, come on, the motors, the commitment, the cost of the roc.....oh honey, I’m going for L3

Yes, my L3 is in progress. The structural assembly is complete, taking a break before I get into painting and av bay wiring. Goal date for cert attempt is August or September.

I first completed L2 almost 20 years ago, then had to set aside the hobby for a while for logistical and health reasons. Now I'm back, and I'm going for it while I can. One or two L3 flights per year will probably be my limit.

Back