Google's Google Plus social media and a human behavior mystery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

modeltrains

Reaction score
Hey y'all; Google's Google Plus social media and a human behavior mystery are on my mind again.
I can not wrap my head around why a number of people on Google's, GOOGLE's!, social media will comment in posts, "When is the next eclipse?" "How long does the eclipse last?" "Where can you see the eclipse?" and on and on and on.
Have they never heard of Google and what it is?
I don't get it, I just don't get it.
Are that many people really that shallow, lacking in initiative, and mindless?
Or is having autism distorting my view of their behavior?

Many people are mildly interested enough to pop off whatever question is on their minds, but not enough to read the top 3-5 results pages to figure out which one tells them when to go outside and look up. Others may simply want to spark a conversation with people.

The truly unintelligent are angry that no one is answering their poorly phrased question on an unrelated post about a swingset that's for sale two states over.

[video=youtube;WiaiYZhao1o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiaiYZhao1o[/video]

Still not as bad as the one I saw yesterday. A Mom had asked her local park service if they could reschedule their "Eclipse Party" for another day because is was inconvenient for her.

Okay, we'll just MOVE THE SUN...

Still not as bad as the one I saw yesterday. A Mom had asked her local park service if they could reschedule their "Eclipse Party" for another day because is was inconvenient for her.

Reminds me of a former manager of mine. We were in a scheduling meeting, and she was looking ahead in the calendar, and she said, "Okay, Christmas is on the 25th this year...."

Probably the same lady that wrote a letter to the paper complaining about Daylight Saving Time, and how the extra hour of daylight would contribute to global warming.

better be walking fast or you'll run the risk of colliding with the turtle :)
Rex

Current theory suggest the universe is curved in a way that if you start at any point, and go in a straight line, eventually you will return to your starting point.

This means that those people who think they are the center of the universe have actually been right all along.

Back