RRC3 Bluetooth Master Module

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BDB

Absent Minded Professor
Reaction score
I just bought an RRC3 in the yard sale. I have been wanting one of these for a while, but I was always frustrated by the price for the altimeter plus the cable to connect it to my computer. It looks like Missile Works is now selling a module that can be used to connect to a PC via bluetooth.

Is this all I need to download flight data and program my RRC3? I hope so, because it is only $15--that's $10 less than the USB cable!

EDIT: Here is the link to the module: https://www.missileworks.com/store/#!/RTx-RRC3-Bluetooth-Master-Module/p/67977422/category=5895759

Last edited:
That is nice. It looks like the same blue tooth module many of us buy off ebay for linking the Eggfinder LCD via bluetooth, but there may be more to it. Looks like you need the newest firmware, which I assume none of my RRC3s have, so I can't try it.

Bluetooth or $25 cable the RRC3 is such a nice altimeter it is worth it. I have three, and will probably add a couple more soon. I only have one other altimeter, a StratologgerCF that is used as a backup alt in one rocket. The third channel sets the RRC3 apart for me. The ability to have a drogue backup charge in a single altimeter system at this cost is great.

1. It must be Revision 1.60 to work with the BTMM.

2. Access to the AUX output control settings is only available via the LCD terminal or the USB interface and mDACS software.

Last edited:
I have been using the BT module for just over a year now, it only works with windows and android. I prefer it to the USB cable theses days.

1. It must be Revision 1.60 to work with the BTMM.

2. Access to the AUX output control settings is only available via the LCD terminal or the USB interface and mDACS software.

And if you have one with an earlier firmware version Jim can flash them for you. Just email him.

Yes, it is a surrogate for the USB dongle. Many have dedicated these to live full-time in the av-bay and connect remotely for all mDACS operations, including in-situ charge testing and post-flight data upload.

I just bought an RRC3 in the yard sale. I have been wanting one of these for a while, but I was always frustrated by the price for the altimeter plus the cable to connect it to my computer. It looks like Missile Works is now selling a module that can be used to connect to a PC via bluetooth.

Is this all I need to download flight data and program my RRC3? I hope so, because it is only $15--that's $10 less than the USB cable!

EDIT: Here is the link to the module: https://www.missileworks.com/store/#!/RTx-RRC3-Bluetooth-Master-Module/p/67977422/category=5895759

Yes, it is a surrogate for the USB dongle. Many have dedicated these to live full-time in the av-bay and connect remotely for all mDACS operations, including in-situ charge testing and post-flight data upload.

That sounds great! Is it true that programming the AUX channel requires the USB dongle? Either way, I'll send the RRC3 to you soon for a firmware update so I can use the BT module.

Aux configuration requires the LCD Module or mDACS.
mDACS can use the USB dongle or the Bluetooth module.

That sounds great! Is it true that programming the AUX channel requires the USB dongle? Either way, I'll send the RRC3 to you soon for a firmware update so I can use the BT module.

Back