Whats new at MAC Performance

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike2wander

MAC Performance Rocketry
TRF Sponsor
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Last edited:
Just a quick word,

Mac Performance is outstanding!!! The knowledge and thought they shared with me, was instrumental in me achieving my Level 2.

Not only did everything get delivered super fast, it was also very high quality.

I look forward to giving him more money in the near future.!!!

Tom

Just a quick word,

Mac Performance is outstanding!!! The knowledge and thought they shared with me, was instrumental in me achieving my Level 2.

Not only did everything get delivered super fast, it was also very high quality.

I look forward to giving him more money in the near future.!!!

Tom

Thanks Tommy, and congratulations on your L2!!!

Those look awesome. Not to get ahead of you, but are there any plans to add 75mm in the future?

You guys really make me wish I did HPR. These kits look beautiful.

Someone flew a Bolt at the last launch I was at (and lost it :eyepop:) and it was absolutely stunning.

Anyone whom has not built a MAC Performance kit needs to give it a try. I have three of Mike's kits flying and two more under construction. The quality of the fit on MAC Performance kits is outstanding.

Mike are you coming out with carbon fiber kits?

All the best,
Bob

Anyone whom has not built a MAC Performance kit needs to give it a try. I have three of Mike's kits flying and two more under construction. The quality of the fit on MAC Performance kits is outstanding.

Mike are you coming out with carbon fiber kits?

All the best,
Bob

Thanks Bob!

We just started doing C/F plate in house and are planning to do some limited number built kits to start. You can also upgrade any one of our 54 kits to Carbon. As mentioned in the opening post, the Carbon and Canvas are sized exactly the same so all components are interchangeable.

MAC

So thrilled to have both offerings in Mike's announcement! I'm a lucky dude; as the new carbon tubes and plate products are stellar; and that 4" Scorpion is just plain right! Well done Mike; looking forward to getting these airframes in the air soon!

Mike did a custom 3" Scorpion with a boat tail for me that flies like a dream. Going to let it rip on a Loki L1040 red at AIRFEST. He also did a 4" version that I am trying to find time to put together. Love the quality of the kit and the MAC staff!

Mike did a custom 3" Scorpion with a boat tail for me that flies like a dream. Going to let it rip on a Loki L1040 red at AIRFEST. He also did a 4" version that I am trying to find time to put together. Love the quality of the kit and the MAC staff!

Now that would be a great flight to witness, I hope you get some video! I launched my 3" Darkstar on an L1040 this past URRF, which is likely a much heavier rocket, and I got 14K just shy of mach 1.8, I bet yours is just going to rip.

We hope and not in a bad way! It turned in a few feet shy of 11K on a 5 grain EX motor at URRF, so expecting great things.

Hope to see that flight Gary!

I was browsing the MAC website. What happened to the Ethos? Been eyeing it for when I get to buy me another rocket. Just curious.

Thanks Mike.
I've scaled back my kit buying to be able to fly more. I have a few kits on my radar to go on my Christmas list, two are from you.
We are setting a tighter budget for Christmas this year and I'm probably only getting one gift under the tree this year and ETHOS will be at the top of my list. The near-wife isn't very internet savvy and I have to lead her right to it. Lol. Last year my number one involved a phone call or email for an upgrade so she passed on it and got the number two on the list. Which required "add to cart". Lol

What's the price on ETHOS? It may be over Santa's budget.

Still dusting off stuff after returning from BALLS........

I did not get chance to fly my custom Scorpion at AIRFEST due to "technical issues". She did fly at BALLS on the infamous Loki L1040LR: 19,668 feet AGL, 22.57 Gs, and 1140 mph or Mach 1.54. Kind of a small effort for BALLS, but I can't fly that here in Ohio. Rocket suffered a small crack in the airframe at the joint between the lower end and the chute bay, but this was easily repaired. It looks ugly but should still fly. Looking forward to launching it on a full Research K in my new XPS hardware at MWP. Thanks Mike Crupe for a great kit & Scott Kormeier for an awesome motor!

Scorpion at BALLS.jpg

Last edited:
Is there a problem with the web sites shipping calculator? No matter what item is selected, the shipping is calculated at $30 which seems a bit steep for the push button switches and nose cone ebay I am considering.

Is there a problem with the web sites shipping calculator? No matter what item is selected, the shipping is calculated at $30 which seems a bit steep for the push button switches and nose cone ebay I am considering.

Send Mike an email through the contact us page and he'll correct the shipping...

Teddy

Please send us an email at [email protected] or call us at 518-872-9490 and let us know what you would like. The shipping program has a mind of its own from time to time. We ALWAYS adjust any over charge for shipping. it is posted on our website to contact us if you have any questions about the shipping.

Thanks Teddy!

Please send us an email at [email protected] or call us at 518-872-9490 and let us know what you would like. The shipping program has a mind of its own from time to time. We ALWAYS adjust any over charge for shipping. it is posted on our website to contact us if you have any questions about the shipping.

Thanks Teddy!

Mine too Mike..
I'm constantly refunding shipping overages..
My site is dumb in that it only knows too stack shipping charges for dissimilar items..
I have a new found respect for really complex sites like ebay
that can come up with a reasonable shipping calculation even when the transaction isn't simple...

Teddy

Mike makes the highest quality kits! :) The tough part of dealing with MAC Performance is deciding which kit to get.

All the best,
Bob

Mine too Mike..
I'm constantly refunding shipping overages..
My site is dumb in that it only knows too stack shipping charges for dissimilar items..
I have a new found respect for really complex sites like ebay
that can come up with a reasonable shipping calculation even when the transaction isn't simple...

Teddy

Thanks guys!!!

Back