• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

15' military surplus chute

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimzcatz

Boss, Carolina Rocket Mafia
Reaction score
Yea, it's one of those infamous chutes from ebay. I have used it a few times with varying success. Mostly none. It's free, pickup at Freedom Launch only. Not going to try to ship it.

Yea, it's one of those infamous chutes from ebay. I have used it a few times with varying success. Mostly none. It's free, pickup at Freedom Launch only. Not going to try to ship it.

Are you sure, I can pay for the shipping. PM SENT!
Thanks,

Andrew, what the hell are you going to do with a 15 foot parachute?

Do you realize how big a project you'd need to have? I flew a 14 foot parachute in my 55 pound L3 attempt and it was undersized. You're looking at a 60+ pound rocket minimum.

(For anyone else, does anyone see a former blackbrandt in our friend andrew? :p )

Do you realize how big a project you'd need to have? I flew a 14 foot parachute in my 55 pound L3 attempt and it was undersized. You're looking at a 60+ pound rocket minimum.

(For anyone else, does anyone see a former blackbrandt in our friend andrew? :p )

Maybe a full scale......WAC.....Corporal. :grin:
Thanks,

Andrew, I am actually in Cincinnati regularly. If you can arrange meeting with me at a convenient location for an 18 wheeler I might be persuaded to bring it with me. I leave home every Sunday morning.

Andrew, I am actually in Cincinnati regularly. If you can arrange meeting with me at a convenient location for an 18 wheeler I might be persuaded to bring it with me. I leave home every Sunday morning.

Hmm, do you go to any Tripoli Mid-Ohio launches?
If so, we could maybe meet up there.
I really only go to 1 maybe 2 TMO launches a year.
So if you stop by, but I'm not at the launch, maybe you can give it to one of the members, (Gary Dickinson, Joe Grubb, Steve Temple) and they can get it to me at a later date.
Thanks,

No, remember...... 18 wheeler.? I live in North Carolina. But I will be at MWP.

Oh, I thought you've gone to TMO. Well, I don't know, unless one of the TMO members is at MWP, and takes the chute from you, and gives it to me at a TMO launch.
That's basically my only option. I'd really hate to miss out on this great deal.
If you want, I can contact a few of the members and see if they're going to MWP, I'm sure a few of them will be.
I probably can't make it to MWP this year. :mad:
Thanks,

Back