Midwest Power Annual traditions

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Word to the wise for the Patriot participants. Check your CP-CG Relationship BEFORE Midwest Power weekend. For reference, according to Thrustcurve the K850 weighs 4.5lbs and is 25" long.

PS, Rocksim CG does not always agree with ACTUAL CG.

PPS, I've heard too many times "but Rocksim said it was stable".

PPPS: not saying the 5.5" Patriot is unstable, just sayin' you should check in advance...it may need some noseweight.

PPPPS: A little mark on your rocket where the CP may help with a potentially concerned RSO.

PPPPPS: We all build differently, but I concentrated on minimal weight in the bottom half and still had to add some weight in order to get to an acceptable margin of stability.

That's all for now; see you in 2 weeks!:)

Word to the wise for the Patriot participants. Check your CP-CG Relationship BEFORE Midwest Power weekend. For reference, according to Thrustcurve the K850 weighs 4.5lbs and is 25" long.

PS, Rocksim CG does not always agree with ACTUAL CG.

PPS, I've heard too many times "but Rocksim said it was stable".

PPPS: not saying the 5.5" Patriot is unstable, just sayin' you should check in advance...it may need some noseweight.

PPPPS: A little mark on your rocket where the CP may help with a potentially concerned RSO.

PPPPPS: We all build differently, but I concentrated on minimal weight in the bottom half and still had to add some weight in order to get to an acceptable margin of stability.

That's all for now; see you in 2 weeks!:)

For those potential RSO's, would you care to share the CP, so we(they...) can have our tape measures handy... Might eliminate some skywriting.

For those potential RSO's, would you care to share the CP, so we(they...) can have our tape measures handy... Might eliminate some skywriting.

Errr, uhhh, well.... I know I'm being a bit silly here, but I'd personally prefer the flyers do the homework themselves: it's rocket science! For a couple of reasons, but for example, the two Sconnie Pats pictured below have a CP at least 1" different than one another. Though they're both "stock" builds, there is always a bit of variation....so it'd be a bit irresponsible for me to state the CP of other rockets I did not build.:cool:

Pat_zpsxkvjqae6.jpg

Errr, uhhh, well.... I know I'm being a bit silly here, but I'd personally prefer the flyers do the homework themselves: it's rocket science! For a couple of reasons, but for example, the two Sconnie Pats pictured below have a CP at least 1" different than one another. Though they're both "stock" builds, there is always a bit of variation....so it'd be a bit irresponsible for me to state the CP of other rockets I did not build.:cool:

Pat_zpsxkvjqae6.jpg

Makes sense. Nice looking rockets there sir.

Pat_zpsxkvjqae6.jpg

I think one of them has a broken shoulder

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

Yea sorry couldn’t help it, I happen to be a Colts and a Green Bay fan so I hear u

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

Somehow I totally missed any reference to MWP until last Sunday. Discovered it on a Net search as a replacement for CIA's cancelled 10.28 HPR club launch. Making the 2+ hour drive there tomorrow.

Question: What is the "On site" registration fee for a single day? That would be for MPR flying, if it is relevant.

Question: What is the "On site" registration fee for a single day? That would be for MPR flying, if it is relevant.

I think it's like 35-40, but I might be wrong.

Back