Pinnacle of the TV viewing season!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dixontj93060

Reaction score
We are now upon the pinnacle of the TV viewing season! Yes fans, it is Sharknado Week on SyFy leading up to the crescendo that is Sharknado 5 on Sunday, August 6th. During the week you will enjoys such classics as: Roboshark, Planet of the Sharks, Malibu Shark Attack and, as a bonus, the new to TV, Mississippi River Sharks. So, enjoy and remember the water (or air, or land) is NOT safe.

[YOUTUBE]H1CsdePN14Y[/YOUTUBE]

Oh Boy!, We're livin on the edge now! What about "sharktopus" and "megashark vs dinocrock"??

Just finished Godzilla marathon last weekend on Comet TV all the oldie rubber suit Godzilla's and arch enemy rubber suit guys from 50's. My favorites!

Cut the cable 3 years ago & get a bunch of really cool old school antenna TV channels.....Mystery Science Theater 3000....SvenGoolie..Lost in Space...Star Trek.

But I admit to watching all the goofy Sharknado movies, they're so far off in left field, can't wait to see what new stooopid crazy plots they come up with, & how many old B-stars they dig out of mothballs to play in them

Just finished Godzilla marathon last weekend on Comet TV all the oldie rubber suit Godzilla's and arch enemy rubber suit guys from 50's. My favorites!

Cut the cable 3 years ago & get a bunch of really cool old school antenna TV channels.....Mystery Science Theater 3000....SvenGoolie..Lost in Space...Star Trek.

But I admit to watching all the goofy Sharknado movies, they're so far off in left field, can't wait to see what new stooopid crazy plots they come up with, & how many old B-stars they dig out of mothballs to play in them

Jim, I enjoy Godzilla. I own a bunch of them. Grew up on a steady diet of Godzilla, Star Trek, Star Wars, Mel Brooks movies, and Pink Panther movies.

Three sci-fi films off the top of my head that I don't think get the credit they merit. I'm sure there are more:

The Mist (also known as Stephen King's The Mist) is a 2007 American science-fiction horror film based on the 1980 novella of the same name by Stephen King. The film was written and directed by Frank Darabont, who had previously adapted King's works into The Shawshank Redemption (1994 film based on King's 1982 novella) and The Green Mile (1999 film based on King's 1996 novel). Darabont had been interested in adapting The Mist for the big screen since the 1980s. The film features an ensemble cast including Thomas Jane, Marcia Gay Harden, Samuel Witwer, Toby Jones, and future The Walking Dead actors Jeffrey DeMunn, Juan Gabriel Pareja, Laurie Holden, and Melissa McBride.

Pandorum is a German-British 2009 science fiction horror film, with elements of Lovecraftian horror, and survival adventure. The film was directed by Christian Alvart and produced by Robert Kulzer, Jeremy Bolt and Paul W.S. Anderson. Travis Milloy wrote the screenplay from a story by Milloy and Alvart. It stars Dennis Quaid and Ben Foster. Filming began in Berlin in August 2008. Pandorum was released on 25 September 2009 in the United States,[3] and on 2 October 2009 in the UK. The film's title is a nickname of a fictional psychosis called "Orbital Dysfunctional Syndrome" (ODS for short) caused by deep space and triggered by emotional stress leading to severe paranoia, delirium, and nosebleeding. The film received mixed to negative reviews, but has gained a cult following over time.

Cube is a 1997 Canadian science-fiction horror film directed and co-written by Vincenzo Natali.[3] The film was a product of the Canadian Film Centre's First Feature Project.[4] The film follows a group of people led by Quentin as they cross industrialized cube-shaped rooms, with some rigged with various traps designed to kill. Cube gained notoriety for its surreal atmosphere and Kafkaesque setting, with the industrial, cube-shaped room design and concept. Since its release, the film has received both favorable and negative reviews and has gained a cult following. The film spawned a film series, and a remake is currently in development at Lionsgate.[5]

Back