Rocketry: + for Home Value

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Howie

Reaction score
I had friends from out of town visit me last weekend. They commented my house smells new - it's six years old. Could rocketry and specifically my painting of rockets be to credit for that?

Don't know about that one. However, I redid my garage to be climate controlled, and have copious outlets mainly to have a high quality rocket shop. Only cost me about $3k because I did everything myself. When I had the house appraised the guy told me that renovation added about $7k to the value. My wife did not think I was entitled to spend that $4k difference on rockets though...she had already given up her parking spot after all.

Don't know about that one. However, I redid my garage to be climate controlled, and have copious outlets mainly to have a high quality rocket shop. Only cost me about $3k because I did everything myself. When I had the house appraised the guy told me that renovation added about $7k to the value. My wife did not think I was entitled to spend that $4k difference on rockets though...she had already given up her parking spot after all.

The name for your next rocket should be "Wishful Thinking"

I just put my home up for sale. The open house will be next weekend. I'm interested to see if our real estate agent gets many questions about the plethora of the rockets in the garage.

I just put my home up for sale. The open house will be next weekend. I'm interested to see if our real estate agent gets many questions about the plethora of the rockets in the garage.

+2 TRF points for using 'plethora' and 'rockets' in the same sentence!

When we were selling our home last year, the rockets spurred a lot of discussions. The guy who replaced the carpet in a room ended up coming to our club launches. We gave away a couple of beginner kits when someone mentioned that they had kids that might be interested. And, more than once we had a visitor say "Oh, I know someone that flies rockets" and it turned out that we now the someone.

-- Roger

Back