Squirrel Works Arapaho-E

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have always wanted an Arapahoe E since the first time I saw one.

They're a pain in the butt to clone. I built an E & an F (BT80) when it was OOP. I'm sure the kits are way easier to build. Sweet addition to anyone's fleet.

+1 pain to clone, just did one last spring, it flies as good as it looks. Looking forward to getting at least one of the new kits asap.

Mine arrived on Friday. My build pile is out of control, so it may be a while till I get this one, but it looks really great. The parts look to be really good quality - beautifully turned NC and tail cone, great fin stock (looks nice and solid). Not packed too tightly in the bag, and the shipping package was a triangular priority mail "tube."

Good job! Once I get a few half-built rockets finished, I'm going to have to start on this one.

Been waiting for this release for a while, and just saw it's available. Already have a tracking number.

Can't wait to get building.

Compared to my usual pace of building lately I'm making tremendous progress. I got the motor tube in the boat tail, the teabag on one end of the shock cord, the shroud lines attached to the parachute, and the screw eye installed in the nose cone. :grin:

Couple observations so far:

- I really like the Squirrel's red mylar chute material. Makes up for having to tie all those shroud lines on.

- Don added a hardwood plug in the base of the cone to provide a nice, stronger-than-balsa anchor point for the screw eye.

Purdy rockets Samb. Here's my pair. Also thinking about a smaller version. Either a BT 55 or 50. Ya gotta love the fins on this design.

DSCF3572.JPG

I have a 54mm version in blue tube that is waiting on me to epoxy the fins on. I think I called it "Arapahoe J" Love this design and now I'll have to pick up one from the Squirrel wrangler.

I have a 54mm version in blue tube that is waiting on me to epoxy the fins on. I think I called it "Arapahoe J" Love this design and now I'll have to pick up one from the Squirrel wrangler.

They fly well on a K too. All sizes were OOP when I did my L2 on this one. Glad Don got the rights, and brought this one back in kit form.

I’d like to try doing that, how do you “step-up” sizes for nose cone, tubing diameter? Do you use a larger tube/nose cone and then base the fin size on how much larger in size the body is?

I’d like to try doing that, how do you “step-up” sizes for nose cone, tubing diameter? Do you use a larger tube/nose cone and then base the fin size on how much larger in size the body is?
Nose cone is shorter than the tailcone, for example a Estes 3" Big Daddy Nose Cone has the right shape for an upscale Arapahoe, the BMS/Mercury/Apogee nosecone works for the tailcone (both fit the Estes 3" lightweight airframe which is the same as BMS T300-34), for the fins you just need a pattern to upscale.

Back