2017 Top 10 Scale / Sport Scale Models

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kbfrazier

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

Please forgive me if I posted this in the wrong category.

It's that time of year again!

"What models does the rocket community want in a Scale / Sport Scale Mid Power (E - G 24 mm and 29 mm) around 3-4 ft. tall"

Here is a challenge.

I would like to create a database of requested kits. (Market research)

I would like to ask a few questions: (Please answer all the questions in your responses please!)

List your top 5-10 Scale models.

1. How much detail? (The Launch Pad versus Madcow versus Public Missiles versus Testors).
2. Fiberglass ($$) or standard paper tubing ($)
3. Scale data packets available with photos (nominal up-charge).
4. Limited Hi-Detail Runs (20-50 Kits, Decals) or conventional runs (General outline / maybe decals)

At the end of September, I'll post a spreadsheet for the rocket community to view and manufacturers to see.

If I get at least 100 responses to this thread, I'll randomly pick 2 respondents at the end of September for a Madcow / North Coast kit (Under $200).

So please respond.

Regards,

Keith Frazier
678-975-8167

Well, if no one else has anything to say, I'd like a multistage-ready Nike Tomahawk or Nike Apache... Paper tubing, midrange detail, either 29=>24 or 29=>18 if you want a 4' max height. I've had this kind of thing on my build list for a while...

AGM-114K. 29mm HPR fiberglass. Handles H through I motors. Sub $70.
Already own a SAAB RB-05A by Wildman and it has a 38mm mount that takes up to 38/720.

With options for single stage, two stage, or three stage.

Black_Brant.jpg

BlackBrant arrives .jpg

1. How much detail? (The Launch Pad versus Madcow versus Public Missiles versus Testors) I have built several; Launch pad kits...I like the challenge, but would like to see sturdier materials.
2. Fiberglass ($$) or standard paper tubing ($) I could go with standard paper tubing for cost/weight saving -- reinforced by builder.
3. Scale data packets available with photos (nominal up-charge). YES
4. Limited Hi-Detail Runs (20-50 Kits, Decals) or conventional runs (General outline / maybe decals) Seems to work for Gordo/Sandman-Roachworks.

Last edited:
Back