Estes ignightors

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ummmm, If you run 12V through 'em. I'm not so certain a deployment altimeter that has a remote ground testing mode would pass enough current safely to light 'em up. In that case an ematch based setup would need to be used.
Good gosh, I really love the remote activation on the Quantum's and TRS's and some of the remote switches out there can be used for ematch based ground testing purposes for deployment electronics that don't have that option.
Temporarily mount the remote switch in the ebay sans the usual deployment electronics (that don't have a remote option) and test away.

In the past, I had to thread ematch leads down an empty motor casing to test an apogee charge and for the main, bring the main terminal block wires out the static port/hole to connect the charge to the launch switch for testing activation.

Really nice to be able to use the flight electronics for testing chores. Kurt

I have at least 4 Estes launch controller that will fire the ignightors, I'm more interested in the amount of charge I'll need to test the main, my ematches won't get here till mid week so using the Estes ignightors will keep me busy ground testing :)

Back